chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

is everything on youtube legal?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: is everything on youtube legal?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:52 pm

something i've never quite understood. if something that's copyrighted is on youtube but the person uploading it states that its copyrighted material or writes "ALL RIGHTS GO TO (owners name)" is it legal to watch on the stream?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady

Male Number of posts : 2934
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: is everything on youtube legal?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 pm

I don't think so. I've seen videos taken down like that for not having the permission. Some companies will however give youtube the okay to keep their music videos up, as long as they are credited and youtube is allowed to place advertisements on the videos. Either way I think it is legal to watch on the stream because I do it all the time anyway. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2434
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: is everything on youtube legal?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:22 pm

Just putting in "all rights goes to respective owner" doesn't give you the right to put it up on Youtube. However, most don't care, which means if they people who own copyright don't care you have the legal right because they technically are giving you the thumbs up, however in the case like WMG, who differ in opinion and don't give you the "thumbs up" it's illegal because they (who own it) don't want it up their, as being credited isn't enough. With how big Youtube is, any or most people who own copyright would have already told Youtube about their feelings on it, which makes them say disable audio on a video so they can avoid a lawsuit.

With all this know, some videos claimed by third party managed to stay on unnoticed on Youtube so no. Not everything on Youtube is legal. However, I don't mind, I'll still listen/watch it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is everything on youtube legal?   

Back to top Go down

is everything on youtube legal?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1