chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
avatar

Male Number of posts : 277
Age : 27
Registration date : 2007-12-06
Points : 202

PostSubject: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Sun May 10, 2009 9:47 am

1. Heath Ledger- He was amazing in Dark Knight, but really what else has he done? He has done other films, but his character and acting wasn't amazing in those other films either. I dont want this to sound harsh but it seems he gets thought of as the best actor because he died. No doubt people will use The Dark Knight argument against me but one film doesn't make you the best. It took people like Pacino and De Niro 5 or 6 films to get noticed as top class actors.

2. Steve Carrell- He is supposed to be a comedy actor, coulda fooled me.

3. Matt Damon- Came across as just another action hero, which is fair enough. I did hear a lot of positive comments about him in the Bourne trilogy. but never took interest in it myself. I watched him in The Departed and he was just really terrible, his fake Irish accent was really bad and everytime he was on screen I wanted to turn it off.

4. Leonardo DiCaprio- I admit he did well for himself in Titanic but he really hasnt done anything since then, but is still seen as this amazing actor. He isn't terrible, he was average in Gangs Of New York but Daniel Day Lewis completely over shadowed him in that. Its lucky Leo is getting a free ride with Martin Scorsese.

5. Samuel L. Jackson- been in like 2 good films in his whole career and had about 50 rubbish films.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
avatar

Male Number of posts : 4922
Age : 24
Registration date : 2007-09-30
Points : 13947

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Sun May 10, 2009 10:01 am

Will Ferrell - He does such low-brow moronic comedy. The majority of his movies suck, Elf for example. That was so bad. I have only ever found him vaguely amusing in one film: Zoolander. Generally he's just really lame.

Jim Carrey - Yeah, he can be funny at times but I get really sick of the way he over-acts everything. Just looks like an idiot.

Heath Ledger - Only one good movie and he was overrated in that. Sure, it was a brilliant performance but not the best ever or anything.

I'll post the other two later. Those three are the only ones I can think of right now.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
avatar

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04
Points : 829

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Tue May 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Kelevra wrote:
1. Heath Ledger- He was amazing in Dark Knight, but really what else has he done? He has done other films, but his character and acting wasn't amazing in those other films either. I dont want this to sound harsh but it seems he gets thought of as the best actor because he died. No doubt people will use The Dark Knight argument against me but one film doesn't make you the best. It took people like Pacino and De Niro 5 or 6 films to get noticed as top class actors.

While I Agree with you that To establish yourself as an all time great , you do need a string of amazing films.

But Ledger wasnt overrated.

His Performance as The Joker is up there with the best when it comes to acting , when you read about what he did to get into that role and what not.

And while he didnt really have any other major roles in films , I have followed his career alot.

Brokeback Mountain was a good film (If anyone replies to this with Gay-Bashing comments , your just really really sad) , It did well with awards , Ledgers performance contributed to that.

Whilst his other films werent that big , Ned Kelly is a personal favourite of mine. Im Not There was also a good Ledger film , even though the role was small.

So why I dont think he is over-rated , I do agree with you that it does take a few films to really reach legendary status. And If he had lived after his performance as The Joker , he proberly would have reached it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WWE.com
Bek
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Female Number of posts : 1602
Age : 26
Location : Out roping hopefully
Registration date : 2008-02-02
Points : 605

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Tue May 12, 2009 6:12 pm

Heath is great in Ned Kelly. In all honesty I preferred his Ned Kelly role over his Joker role.

As far as overrated actors go, I'd go with Tom Cruise, for one. I loved his performances in a few films, but he's just not the kind of actor that jumps out of the screen at you, for me, anyway.

I can't really think of others off the top of my head...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30
Points : 50329

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Tue May 12, 2009 6:20 pm

1. Heath Ledger. All of his movies have been okay to mediocre, including The Dark Knight. I'm sorry but everything about the movie was such a fail, from his performance, to the movie and the other actors. It was boring and uninteresting and it wouldnt have reached the degree of popularity it did if Ledger hadn't died. Jack Nicholson owned his ass. Apart from that, what movie has he done? Brokeback Mountain? This has to be one of the shittiest movie ever- and no, it's not because there were gay, the movie just sucked.

2. Brad Pitt. Mediocre actor at best, he only gets role because of his looks and teenage girls drool all over him.

3. Will Ferrell. His jokes are bad and he can't even act. All of his movies are boring.

4. Ben Stiller. Okay, I admit he did some good movies in the past like Keeping the Faith but he's played in so many crappy movies, like Along Came Polly that the bad far overweight the good.

5. Jamie Foxx. I don't think he's a credible actor, he doesn't make you belie what you say is true. He never shows any emotions when he plays, he's just there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
avatar

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04
Points : 829

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Tue May 12, 2009 6:48 pm

1 . Orlando Bloom

How He Keeps Getting These Blockbuster Movie Roles Is Beyond Me. He Has The Charisma of a Cabbage and Can act about as good as one also. He was ok in LOTR , because he barely had any lines over the three films. Whenever he came up on the screen in POTC , I had to look away in fear of being bored to death. When ever he starts speaking , He starts off talking normally , then whispers for the rest of the line.

2 . John C Reily

Great actor when he does serious roles. But lately he has jumped on the comedian bandwagon , and he just isnt funny . . . at all.

3 . Tom Cruise

I havent seen one Cruise film ive liked. They all sucked. The Mission Impossible Trilogy , that film with Jamie Foxx , Vanilla Sky , War of the Worlds. Just terrible , terrible films.

4 . Sacha Baron Cohen

As Ali G , he is brilliant. As Borat , he is annoying. That film bored the living hell out of me and was so overrated. Yeah it had some funny bits , but the rest were not funny , at all.

5 . Jason Statham

Brilliant In Snatch & Crank , but in most other films , i.e the Transporter trilogy , he puts on that terrible american accent. It just destroys the movie and its so obvious that he's putting it on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WWE.com
Ernest Miller
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1525
Age : 27
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-01-15
Points : -47

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Tue May 12, 2009 6:51 pm

I am an overrated actor. Does anybody agree/disagree?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30
Points : 50329

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Tue May 12, 2009 6:54 pm

You actually have to be an actor to be overrated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ernest Miller
Main Eventer
Main Eventer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1525
Age : 27
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-01-15
Points : -47

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Tue May 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Like a famous actor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30
Points : 50329

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Tue May 12, 2009 7:06 pm

Of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
avatar

Male Number of posts : 277
Age : 27
Registration date : 2007-12-06
Points : 202

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Wed May 13, 2009 1:26 pm

C-Makaveli wrote:
Kelevra wrote:
1. Heath Ledger- He was amazing in Dark Knight, but really what else has he done? He has done other films, but his character and acting wasn't amazing in those other films either. I dont want this to sound harsh but it seems he gets thought of as the best actor because he died. No doubt people will use The Dark Knight argument against me but one film doesn't make you the best. It took people like Pacino and De Niro 5 or 6 films to get noticed as top class actors.

While I Agree with you that To establish yourself as an all time great , you do need a string of amazing films.

But Ledger wasnt overrated.

His Performance as The Joker is up there with the best when it comes to acting , when you read about what he did to get into that role and what not.

And while he didnt really have any other major roles in films , I have followed his career alot.

Brokeback Mountain was a good film (If anyone replies to this with Gay-Bashing comments , your just really really sad) , It did well with awards , Ledgers performance contributed to that.

Whilst his other films werent that big , Ned Kelly is a personal favourite of mine. Im Not There was also a good Ledger film , even though the role was small.

So why I dont think he is over-rated , I do agree with you that it does take a few films to really reach legendary status. And If he had lived after his performance as The Joker , he proberly would have reached it.

His Joker performance was amazing but it really wasn't the best in cinema history, it just seems as if people treat it as the best thing since sliced bread when it wasn't on the level of some movie performances such as McDowell in Clockwork Orange, De Niro in Taxi Driver and Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon. It was good but I think the fact that we hadn't seen such a good performance from anyone since probably the 90's that people took it as being something a lot better than it was. I admire of what Ledger had to go through to get and perfect the role, to the point that it cost him his deat its why I admire De Niro as an actor because his philosophy is you have to earn the right of being that character. It seems that actors put very little work into their characters and just go by on basically qualities like if they have good looks. I admire Ledger for what he did, and he wasn't bad in Brokeback Mountain (no gay comments), but he shouldnt be spoken of like he is amazing. He was the best thing in years, but that speaks how bad actors are today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30
Points : 50329

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Wed May 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Kelevra wrote:
C-Makaveli wrote:
Kelevra wrote:
1. Heath Ledger- He was amazing in Dark Knight, but really what else has he done? He has done other films, but his character and acting wasn't amazing in those other films either. I dont want this to sound harsh but it seems he gets thought of as the best actor because he died. No doubt people will use The Dark Knight argument against me but one film doesn't make you the best. It took people like Pacino and De Niro 5 or 6 films to get noticed as top class actors.

While I Agree with you that To establish yourself as an all time great , you do need a string of amazing films.

But Ledger wasnt overrated.

His Performance as The Joker is up there with the best when it comes to acting , when you read about what he did to get into that role and what not.

And while he didnt really have any other major roles in films , I have followed his career alot.

Brokeback Mountain was a good film (If anyone replies to this with Gay-Bashing comments , your just really really sad) , It did well with awards , Ledgers performance contributed to that.

Whilst his other films werent that big , Ned Kelly is a personal favourite of mine. Im Not There was also a good Ledger film , even though the role was small.

So why I dont think he is over-rated , I do agree with you that it does take a few films to really reach legendary status. And If he had lived after his performance as The Joker , he proberly would have reached it.

His Joker performance was amazing but it really wasn't the best in cinema history, it just seems as if people treat it as the best thing since sliced bread when it wasn't on the level of some movie performances such as McDowell in Clockwork Orange, De Niro in Taxi Driver and Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon. It was good but I think the fact that we hadn't seen such a good performance from anyone since probably the 90's that people took it as being something a lot better than it was. I admire of what Ledger had to go through to get and perfect the role, to the point that it cost him his deat its why I admire De Niro as an actor because his philosophy is you have to earn the right of being that character. It seems that actors put very little work into their characters and just go by on basically qualities like if they have good looks. I admire Ledger for what he did, and he wasn't bad in Brokeback Mountain (no gay comments), but he shouldnt be spoken of like he is amazing. He was the best thing in years, but that speaks how bad actors are today.

I agree with what you said of actors like De Niro and McDowell but to say that Ledger is the best thing in years, I don't think that's a fair comment for a few actors who are amazing.

Edward Norton for example. All of his performances have been great, and you see he puts a lot of thoughts in his characters. Same with Johnny Depp. Both outperform guys like Ledger day in and day out.

Ledger might have worked on the Joker character a lot but in the end it still lacked depth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-Makaveli
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
avatar

Male Number of posts : 758
Registration date : 2007-11-04
Points : 829

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Wed May 13, 2009 7:28 pm

Kelevra wrote:
C-Makaveli wrote:
Kelevra wrote:
1. Heath Ledger- He was amazing in Dark Knight, but really what else has he done? He has done other films, but his character and acting wasn't amazing in those other films either. I dont want this to sound harsh but it seems he gets thought of as the best actor because he died. No doubt people will use The Dark Knight argument against me but one film doesn't make you the best. It took people like Pacino and De Niro 5 or 6 films to get noticed as top class actors.

While I Agree with you that To establish yourself as an all time great , you do need a string of amazing films.

But Ledger wasnt overrated.

His Performance as The Joker is up there with the best when it comes to acting , when you read about what he did to get into that role and what not.

And while he didnt really have any other major roles in films , I have followed his career alot.

Brokeback Mountain was a good film (If anyone replies to this with Gay-Bashing comments , your just really really sad) , It did well with awards , Ledgers performance contributed to that.

Whilst his other films werent that big , Ned Kelly is a personal favourite of mine. Im Not There was also a good Ledger film , even though the role was small.

So why I dont think he is over-rated , I do agree with you that it does take a few films to really reach legendary status. And If he had lived after his performance as The Joker , he proberly would have reached it.

His Joker performance was amazing but it really wasn't the best in cinema history, it just seems as if people treat it as the best thing since sliced bread when it wasn't on the level of some movie performances such as McDowell in Clockwork Orange, De Niro in Taxi Driver and Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon. It was good but I think the fact that we hadn't seen such a good performance from anyone since probably the 90's that people took it as being something a lot better than it was. I admire of what Ledger had to go through to get and perfect the role, to the point that it cost him his deat its why I admire De Niro as an actor because his philosophy is you have to earn the right of being that character. It seems that actors put very little work into their characters and just go by on basically qualities like if they have good looks. I admire Ledger for what he did, and he wasn't bad in Brokeback Mountain (no gay comments), but he shouldnt be spoken of like he is amazing. He was the best thing in years, but that speaks how bad actors are today.

The thing Is , like you said it takes a few good films to establish yourself as the best actor , and His role as the Joker was Ledgers first great film. I think thats why there was so much hype , because of his death we never got to see what he would have done next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WWE.com
Steven
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
avatar

Male Number of posts : 277
Age : 27
Registration date : 2007-12-06
Points : 202

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   Fri May 15, 2009 5:48 am

I agree with that in saying that Ledger would have been great if he had not died because every actor has that first film that makes people take notice, and makes people take them seriously as a fantastic actor. Its just when people act now that Ledger is the best actor, saying that if he wouldn't have died he could have been the best is a fair comment. But the thing is with some people they just seem to go off on his one great performance as The Joker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses   

Back to top Go down
 
Top 5 Over rated actors/actresses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Worst Actors/Actresses you seen on TV
» English actors playing Americans
» Name Game Actors/Actresses
» Name Game Actors/Actresses
» T or M rated football game

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chaingangsoldier :: General Discussion :: Media-
Jump to: