chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Model UN Speech

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Female Number of posts : 2536
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Model UN Speech   Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Please give me feedback.

Members of the chair and fellow delegates, on planet Earth, world hunger is a primary problem. Nearly one in every four people, 1.3 billion, a majority of humanity, live on less than 1 dollar every day. Meanwhile, the worlds 358 billionaires have assets exceeding the combined annual incomes of the country with 45% of the world’s people. Also, to satisfy the world’s sanitation and food requirements would only cost 13 billion in US dollars. That the people of the United States and European Union spend on perfume each year. Every 5 seconds a child on Earth dies because of hunger or because of hunger related diseases. Every 3.6 seconds, somebody in some country dies of hunger. One in every twelve people worldwide is malnourished, including 160 million children under the age of 5. It is defined in terms of calorific intake whether people consume less than the 1,710 to 1,960 kilocalories needed each day to meet the basic requirements for living a healthy and active life. Many people facing hunger on a daily basis have to live on 400 kilocalories less than this. As said by former South African president Nelson Mandela, “While poverty exists, there is no true freedom.”

Representing the country of Mali, we are severely in the need of food. In the years 2004 and 2005, our crop production was damaged by locusts. This led 10% of our population towards starvation. Mali is among the least developed and poorest countries in the world, ranking 175 out of 177 countries in the 2006 UNDP Human Development Index. Furthermore, more than half of our population lives below the poverty line. The poverty line is the least amount of income that is actually necessary to succeed and adequate standard of living in any given country.

My bloc believes that the resolution we support is the proper one for the world to follow currently, which most of the world stricken in poverty. Nations such as mine request that the developed nations should invest their money in businesses and companies in the lesser developed nations. This will help our agricultural duties to produce more crops to feed our growing population. The lesser developed nations also suggest that the world’s military powers should be focused on solving world hunger and helping people get over the poverty line, rather than producing guns, grenades and bombs that would wipe out a country’s crops. For the price of one missile, a school full of hunger children could eat lunch every day for 5 years. This could stop wars from going on and allow the people of Earth to eliminate problems of the world. Among these problems includes world hunger. Furthermore, the developing nations would like the call upon the developed nations to send money directly to the people in need rather than to the government. This will let the people in need a le to use the money, rather than the government spending the money for themselves and not on their countries. Lastly, nations such as mine would like to urge the developed nations to set aside a portion of their national budgets to help eliminate one of the biggest problems taking place on planet Earth; world hunger.

Although the developed countries offer good things to help the problem, it is just not enough. They encourage the establishment of nutrition-education programs and healthcare centers within each nation. This will help; but it will not eliminate the problem of world hunger. Next, the developed nations urge the media to give priority to the urgency of this issue. Although many people will be informed of world hunger, it will not fully encourage them to go out there and help eliminate the global world hunger problem. The problem may not be immediately known. Others would like to cover the likes of Brittney Spears rather than the world hunger issue. Then, the developed nations calls upon businesses, corporations and universities to expand research, science and technology training. This is a great idea, but it will not fully eliminate the problem of world hunger. Lastly, the developed nations recommend further cooperation between the nations of the world in order to combat world hunger. This is not enough because the developed nations will only recommend it, not make it happen to a full purpose. These are the compelling reasons why world hunger, a primary problem on Earth, should be solved immediately, urgently and right now. Countries are starving, living under the poverty line and suffering from malnutrition. Hunger kills more people very year than AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined. We want this to end and I would like to close this statement with asking you to vote for Resolution number one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Model UN Speech   Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Ahh model UNs. I've never heard of any schools doing this in Canada, but I've seen and sheard about it in the States. Is this something that spans most schools, or just something your school is doing?

I really don't know how these more political resolution speeches should be written in terms of style, so I don't really want to critique it much. Just wanted to drop in and say it was cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Model UN Speech   Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:03 pm

World Hunger is overplayed....

But good job anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ecw.com
Ashley
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Female Number of posts : 2536
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Model UN Speech   Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:28 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Ahh model UNs. I've never heard of any schools doing this in Canada, but I've seen and sheard about it in the States. Is this something that spans most schools, or just something your school is doing?

Well, most schools do it. My school has one of the best to be honest, at this one competetion we won like 7/8 of them. I didn't go to that one, I wasn't picked. This is the one through the entire district between us and another school just to practice for the next big one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StuffOfLegends
Slim Shady
Slim Shady

Male Number of posts : 2936
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Model UN Speech   Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Some parts sound a bit choppy when you read it out loud.

And on a side note Britney Spears is spelt with one T. Other then that is very persuasive and is a good speech. My school doesn't have a Model UN, probably because no one would join. lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Model UN Speech   

Back to top Go down

Model UN Speech
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1