chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World's Worst Band....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
Y2J X wrote:
How is Queen any worse then the Jonas Brothers? Also, their sexual preferrences don't have anything to do with their music or shouldn't. I'm not saying they haven't came up with bad songs becuase they have but, Bohiem Rhapsidy (ignore the butchering of the spelling) is a good song. They have other good songs. Also, for overrated bands, I'd have AC/DC and Beatles.

Jonas Brothers have a song called 'Burnin' Up' which is far better than anything Queen have ever done, in my opinion. Same with AC/DC and The Beatles, I agree that they are both very overrated.

Burning Up is pretty much a repeat of four lines over again with a very limited verse. Their voices are awful and the best part of that song is when their not singing (when the other guy steps in). I know it's all opinion so I don't see much point in posting after this one. I'm out of this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:04 pm

Bolty B wrote:
Nah, it irritates me that people love classic artists who are crap, like Elvis, Led Zep, Queen and Bob Dylan.

Obviously if so many people loved them(and with the exception of Elvis' time there was plenty of alternative mainstream music out there for people to choose), there must have been something good about these artists.

What exactly is so "crap" about Bob Dylan. And if he's crap, then who's good?

As for Queen, they were completely original, and I've never heard music like theirs before. I dare you to find me a band that's written a song half as creative as Bohemian Rhapsody today. I can't believe some of you are comparing them to the Jonas Brothers. Ahh... today's music...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Female Number of posts : 3217
Location : With Corey Taylor in his closet... And not wanting to come out. <3
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:12 pm

It's not because everybody loves them that they're good but you can't just say that it's shit and then disagree when people say their opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:
Bolty B wrote:
Nah, it irritates me that people love classic artists who are crap, like Elvis, Led Zep, Queen and Bob Dylan.

Obviously if so many people loved them(and with the exception of Elvis' time there was plenty of alternative mainstream music out there for people to choose), there must have been something good about these artists.

As for Queen, they were completely original, and I've never heard music like theirs before. I dare you to find me a band that's written a song half as creative as Bohemian Rhapsody today. I can't believe some of you are comparing them to the Jonas Brothers. Ahh... today's music...

I know I said I was out but, I just want to clear something up. I was using Jonas Brothers as an example of a band much worse then Queen, in case you assumed I was comparing them as equals. I hate the Jonas Brothers more than anyone I know. Anyway, as I said above, Queen has came up with some pretty good songs. Although to elaborate on my opinion, I wouldn't say their the worst or the best, their somewhere in the middle for me. I'd never go out of my way to listen to their song and if it came up on my 360 playlist (my brother likes them) I'd probably skip it but, I don't mind listening to them when I have to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Tambourine Man
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Male Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Yeah, I agree. They wouldn't make my top ten or anything, but I can see how they got so famous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:55 pm

Worst band? Queen? lol no way.

The worlds worst band is either Linkin Park or Green Day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:17 pm

Affliction wrote:

Where's Mudvayne, Cannibal Corpse, Fall Out Boy, Billy Talent? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melissa
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Female Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:45 pm

I think Stone Sour, Dying Fetus, Marilyn Manson, Jonas Brothers, and Generation X should be added to the list... I think the bands suck.

Last edited by Melissa on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bolty B
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Male Number of posts : 1889
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Affliction wrote:

Linkin Park are lame as hell, but no way are they the worst band. That honor, as we all know, goes to Queen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bolty B
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Not quite, people have opinions. Simply because all were very successful in their time, doesn't mean they're the best.

Bob Dylan has the most annoying voice I have ever heard in music, and his lyrics and music are pretty overrated too. Like A Rolling Stone... gah! But onto your question, I can tell you a lot of people that pwn Dylan.

There's Michael Jackson, Prince, Billy Joel, Joy Division, New Order, Blink-182, Tupac Shakur (who writes better lyrics then ol' Dylan), Eazy-E and a shitload of other artists.

You've never heard annoying harmonies, lame ass lyrics and shocking composition before? Good for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:03 am

Bolty B wrote:
QUEEN!

I hate them to the core, Freddie Mercury is nothing but a fag who names his gay ass band Queen, and he also had Brian May's cock up his ass all the time. Also, I bet they were all homos, fucking each other while not in the studio all the time.

Sorry ... Let me get this right. Its Common Knowledge that Freddy Mercury was gay in the 70's, But he was a Metrosexual. He went with the 'thing'. Secondly you listen to Prince and MJ, Ones sucking of guys as we speak while one is getting head from a 7 year old. Stepped in a Hole there hey. Also you listen to Bowie, Wham, George Michael and the Pet Shop Boys. That is a massive lot of Sore Bum holes there.

Queen suck, no doubt about it... in more ways than one.

They have songs which sound so lame these days, with some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard. Sorry but 'Fat Bottomed Girls' and 'Bicycle Race' are two prime examples of their shocking lyrical ability. Such an overrated band, and so shit.

Whoa, Hold up. Bicycle was poor but Queen have some of the greatest songs ... Ever lyric wise.

Another One Bites The Dust, Princes Of The universe, Bohemian Rhapsody, Killer Queen, Friends Will Be Friends, A Kind Of Magic, One Vision and We Are The Champions. Great Lyric Material there.

Bolty B wrote:
Y2J X wrote:
How is Queen any worse then the Jonas Brothers? Also, their sexual preferrences don't have anything to do with their music or shouldn't. I'm not saying they haven't came up with bad songs becuase they have but, Bohiem Rhapsidy (ignore the butchering of the spelling) is a good song. They have other good songs. Also, for overrated bands, I'd have AC/DC and Beatles.

Beatles I agree with, Alex made hatin' on the Beatles cool. Cool

Yep, And it seems you have slowed down on the Daywalker copying and just decided to Impersonate MF. BE YOURSELF

Bolty B wrote:
Slegna wrote:
I don't listen to DragonForce for the lyrics, I listen for the guitars and keyboards. But I've never understood all the hate for the lyrics. They aren't that bad.
Herman Li is an overrated guitarist, and DragonForce are so repetitive.

Herman Li is under no way Underated. His power metal, Death Metal etc. playing is some of the best seen around the world. Eric Clapton even regarded him as One of the greatest guitarists he has ever seen along with Steve Vai. and thats ERIC CLAPTON.

Bolty B wrote:

Thanks MTM, Smart reply.

Bolton, You hate these bands because the people who like them cannot stand your music Interests. Its been that way fro ages. Your going to reply with 'So do you'. But no i Dont. I admit The Police, ELO, Van Halen ettc. is some good music which you like but you cannot stand it when people hate your music so you go out hating theres.

BTW around 3 months ago I remember an Exact quototion from you saying 'I so want to get into LP but i just Cannot' ... Strange.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bolty B
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:46 am

Eric Logan wrote:
Sorry ... Let me get this right. Its Common Knowledge that Freddy Mercury was gay in the 70's, But he was a Metrosexual. He went with the 'thing'. Secondly you listen to Prince and MJ, Ones sucking of guys as we speak while one is getting head from a 7 year old. Stepped in a Hole there hey. Also you listen to Bowie, Wham, George Michael and the Pet Shop Boys. That is a massive lot of Sore Bum holes there.

Non are as gay as Faggy Mercury. And all can write better songs then he can.

Eric Logan wrote:
Whoa, Hold up. Bicycle was poor but Queen have some of the greatest songs ... Ever lyric wise.

Another One Bites The Dust, Princes Of The universe, Bohemian Rhapsody, Killer Queen, Friends Will Be Friends, A Kind Of Magic, One Vision and We Are The Champions. Great Lyric Material there.

Can't...stop...the...lolz. They all contain lame lyrics.

Eric Logan wrote:
Yep, And it seems you have slowed down on the Daywalker copying and just decided to Impersonate MF. BE YOURSELF

I was boring when I was myself. Plus at least I'm not a jerk who acts like he's the shit when really people think very low of you and your attitude.

Eric Logan wrote:
Herman Li is under no way Underated. His power metal, Death Metal etc. playing is some of the best seen around the world. Eric Clapton even regarded him as One of the greatest guitarists he has ever seen along with Steve Vai. and thats ERIC CLAPTON.

You can tell that Herman Li abuses panels to the max. Gotta give him credit for doing so lol.

Eric Logan wrote:
Bolton, You hate these bands because the people who like them cannot stand your music Interests. Its been that way fro ages. Your going to reply with 'So do you'. But no i Dont. I admit The Police, ELO, Van Halen ettc. is some good music which you like but you cannot stand it when people hate your music so you go out hating theres.

BTW around 3 months ago I remember an Exact quototion from you saying 'I so want to get into LP but i just Cannot' ... Strange.

I ain't Bolton, I'm Bolty fuckin' B! But to be serious, I don't hate on them because people cannot stand my taste. If I wanted to act cool and intelligent, I would have been sucking up to Elvis, Bob Dylan and Beatles but I don't. I've noticed that a lot of people pretend to be fans of the 'classic bands' to act intelligent, but aren't really interested in them. I ain't gonna play the ass kissing game, I'll admit that I am a huge Prince fan and that I personally think Elvis, Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin suck dick. Let's see how people react to the 'immortals' being dissed.

And yes, I did say that, but I realize that their material is shit. They're still better then Queen though. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bek
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Female Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:01 am

And how would you know that they 'pretend' to be fans of those bands? You don't.

And saying that " you were boring when you were yourself", yet then accusing people of pretending to be fans. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but not being yourself is pretending to be someone you're not. That's a very hypocritical statement.

While I couldn't give two shits whether you like Queen or not, I think this thread is very immature, and pointless. Hate on them all you want in your own time, but I don't see the point in making some stupid thread to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:57 am

I think all and all everyone is missing the big picture.

As many of you know, I am a part time DJ (top 17,000 in the world bitches) . A lot of times I have to play shit I don't like,. I am a metal/post grunge/alternative/psychadelic kind of guy, but I end up playing Miley Cyrus and The Jo Bros. I hate it just like I hate John Cena.

The point is, the shit sells. Cena sells. Cyrus sells. And Queen sold. You can't deny there greatness just because you don't like them. Its all in personal preference, besides they're only a few bands/artist that are listened to by almost everyone.

In other words, Bolton likes MJ, TIC likes A7X, MF likes Tupac, MTM likes Dylan, Bek likes Garth Brooks, and I like Hootie and the Blowfish. Everyone enjoys different things, but you can't deny greatness. They make it where several bands dream of making it, and all of them have fans by the assload.

Music makes the world go around my friends, and if you don't like the song/artist then simply change it.

Seth has spoken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ecw.com
Bek
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Female Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:26 am

STL owns this thread now, lol. Best post out of the whole damn thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:43 am

Bek wrote:
STL owns this thread now, lol. Best post out of the whole damn thing.

Its what I do best Wink
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:33 am

FOB kick ass, represent yo! So shhh TRF. Smile

Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:41 am

FOB kick ass, represent yo! So shhh TRF. Smile

No, I'll say it loud and proud that I think FOB sucks. lol I just don't like them, they're bad imo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:43 am

Eh, okayz. 'Thriller' is the shiz, > 70% of songs which ain't rap.

Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:48 am

But in the end, it's all just a matter of taste.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:59 am

^ Of course, just opinions.

IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:29 am

TheRealFan wrote:

Where's Mudvayne, Cannibal Corpse, Fall Out Boy, Billy Talent?

......*Cough* I like Billy Talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:17 am

TheRealFan wrote:

I've been saying that for years....

Wait, we're still talking about music aren't we?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Female Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Lol, I agree with Bek that this thread is pointless. There is another thread in the games section that is like this but it's in a list version. I don't see the point of having both threads... lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealFan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:03 pm

stl311 wrote:
TheRealFan wrote:

I've been saying that for years....

Wait, we're still talking about music aren't we?

Yea, we're still talking about music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bolty B
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:30 am

I'll probably get an intelligent post on why I hate Queen down soon.

Probably never.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World's Worst Band....   

Back to top Go down

World's Worst Band....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next