chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

19-year-old commits suicide live on webcam.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4532
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: 19-year-old commits suicide live on webcam.   Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Quote :
A TEENAGER has apparently committed suicide in front of a live webcam after being encouraged by people online.

19-year-old Florida resident Abraham K. Biggs, who went by the screen names "CandyJunkie" and “Mr Biggs”, told users on a bodybuilding forum he would be committing suicide that night and invited them to watch the live video.

The forum moderators allegedly ignored the post – assuming it was a prank – while other users posted insults and even egged him on.

The teen used the "lifecasting" website Justin.tv – designed to let users share the minutiae of their everyday lives – to stream footage from his bedroom.

Biggs was seen taking several pills before lying on the bed with his back to the camera.

He didn't move, and users claim they realised it was serious a few hours later when they saw he wasn't breathing. Moderators then traced Biggs's location and informed authorities.

The webcam was still streaming live footage of the teen's body as police entered the room. A laser-guided weapon was pointed at the body and an object was thrown at the bed.

Authorities then appeared on the video as they approached the teen's body, checked for a pulse, and covered up the webcam.

Biggs’s death was reportedly confirmed by the Broward County medical examiner.

Justin.tv chief executive officer Michael Seibel told online video news website NewTeeVee.com the service relied on users to report inappropriate content.

"As for the broadcaster incident last night, we don’t comment on individual videos, however, our policy prohibits inappropriate content on Justin.tv," he said.

"We rely on the community to flag videos that they feel are objectionable. Once a video is flagged, it is reviewed and quickly removed from the system if it violates our Terms of Use."

Some forum users allegedly began deleting their posts after the incident and an official thread – including Biggs' full name – was posted by moderators.

Biggs's friends have posted "RIP" messages on his MySpace page, with some still asking him to pick up his phone, and others changing their statuses to "devastated".

The teen described himself as a "good hearted guy" on his social networking profile.

"I care a lot about my friends and my family and I would do almost anything for them," he said.

"I am very goal oriented, I know what I want to do with my life and I am working towards it."

Biggs last posted on MySpace three days before he committed suicide in a wall post about taking sleeping pills. A week ago he left a message about closing a chapter in his life and apologised to his friends for his behaviour.

The circumstances of the teen's suicide are similar to another incident last year, when a man hung himself in front of a live webcam as internet users egged him on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 19-year-old commits suicide live on webcam.   Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:37 pm

What the fuck has happened to this world, Seriously society is stuffed cause of shit like this. Either way i have no pity for suicide attempts sorry, it may just be me but thats my opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Briggers810
Wrestling Fan
Wrestling Fan

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: 19-year-old commits suicide live on webcam.   Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:19 pm

I have to admit that it was disgusting that no one out of god knows how many people, bothered to alert the police.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4921
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 19-year-old commits suicide live on webcam.   Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Wow, reminder to not take things too seriously online eh? My generation is majorly flawed, watching what we do with this world should be very interesting.

Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: 19-year-old commits suicide live on webcam.   Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:15 pm

WOW.

I have no sympathy for people who commit suicide. God put us on this earth and what do we do? Commit suicide. Sick... just sick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MizRoXxi
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Female Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: 19-year-old commits suicide live on webcam.   Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:08 pm

GOD, people these days
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 19-year-old commits suicide live on webcam.   

Back to top Go down

19-year-old commits suicide live on webcam.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1