chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Jonny Craig Rejoins Dance Gavin Dance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Jonny Craig Rejoins Dance Gavin Dance   Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Singer Jonny Craig has re-joined Dance Gavin Dance following the departure of vocalist Kurt Travis.

The band released the following statement: "Dance Gavin Dance have officially parted ways with their vocalist Kurt Travis. The band and Kurt remain friends, and they wish Kurt the best in all of his future endeavors. The band know they've been dealing with a lot of member changes, but they assure their fans that it's all for the best.

"They would also like to announce the return of original vocalist Jonny Craig. Jonny will join other returning vocalist Jon Mess in the studio this fall to record their forthcoming release on Rise Records due out next year. This will not effect Jonny Craig's work with Emarosa or his solo project. The band are excited to start the next chapter of Dance Gavin Dance and are excited to revisit the days of [2007's] Downtown Battle Mountain."

I for one am substantially upset about this. I like Jonny Craig... In Emarosa. He turned the band into n R&B variant of basic Post Hardcore. Kurt Travis was an exponentially better vocalist for DGD. His voice carried a very Jazzesque overtone which made nice harmonies and melodies and carried the band perfectly.

I predict a horrible new album from DGD. They have the addition of a keyboardist as well as substantially better instrumentation... but they have the original vocalist of the band, and NO that isn't a good thing. Does anyone recall the last album Jon Mess partook in? Putridity! I am very worried...

ALSO... Happiness > S/T > Downtown Battle Mountain
I am SO happy they plan on revisiting D.B.M....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Jonny Craig Rejoins Dance Gavin Dance   Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 pm

-dislikes this greatly-

I like Emarosa in the same way I like the new A7X single/song.

Good, until the vocals kick in. (Though I can go through Emarosa songs as I like the actually music).
NEVER been a fan of Craig, at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jonny Craig Rejoins Dance Gavin Dance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1