Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Keanu Reeves gives 50 million to "unsung heroes" of The Matrix

Go down 
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Keanu Reeves gives 50 million to "unsung heroes" of The Matrix   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Quote :
Man of the moment Keanu Reeves has shown his generosity by giving away 50 million of his earnings from the Matrix sequels. The 38-year-old decided to hand over the money to the unsung heroes of the sci-fi blockbusters - the costume and special effects teams.

Keanu is expected to make a total of 70 million from the films, thanks to a deal which guarantees him a 15 per cent profit-share, so he will still net around 20 million. Asked about his prodigious act of generosity, the actor said he already had enough cash. "Money is the last thing I think about. I could live on what I have already made for the next few centuries," he declared.

And it's not the first time the Beirut-born star has shown his jaw-dropping benevolence. While shooting the films in Australia he amazed the team of stuntmen by giving them each a 6,000 Harley Davidson motorcycle. And the actor, whose sister has leukaemia, has also channelled millions into cancer research.

His gift to the Matrix series' 29 behind-the-scenes whiz-kids will see each of them receiving 1.75 million.
Nice gesture, but I wonder why he waited until now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keanu Reeves gives 50 million to "unsung heroes" of The Matrix
Page 1 of 1