chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Keanu Reeves gives 50 million to "unsung heroes" of The Matrix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Keanu Reeves gives 50 million to "unsung heroes" of The Matrix   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Quote :
Man of the moment Keanu Reeves has shown his generosity by giving away 50 million of his earnings from the Matrix sequels. The 38-year-old decided to hand over the money to the unsung heroes of the sci-fi blockbusters - the costume and special effects teams.

Keanu is expected to make a total of 70 million from the films, thanks to a deal which guarantees him a 15 per cent profit-share, so he will still net around 20 million. Asked about his prodigious act of generosity, the actor said he already had enough cash. "Money is the last thing I think about. I could live on what I have already made for the next few centuries," he declared.

And it's not the first time the Beirut-born star has shown his jaw-dropping benevolence. While shooting the films in Australia he amazed the team of stuntmen by giving them each a 6,000 Harley Davidson motorcycle. And the actor, whose sister has leukaemia, has also channelled millions into cancer research.

His gift to the Matrix series' 29 behind-the-scenes whiz-kids will see each of them receiving 1.75 million.
Nice gesture, but I wonder why he waited until now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Keanu Reeves gives 50 million to "unsung heroes" of The Matrix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1