chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Robert Ebert Calls "Kick-Ass" Morally Reprehensible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Robert Ebert Calls "Kick-Ass" Morally Reprehensible   Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Quote :

Posted: April 16th, 2010 by WorstPreviews.com Staff

"Kick-Ass" is getting great reviews and while most fans and critics are enjoying the movie, there are still a bunch of people who cannot get over the fact that an 11-year-old girl (Chloe Moretz) was asked to speak in a very crude way.

One of those people is critic Roger Ebert, who gave the film a single star and declared it to be "morally reprehensible." Seems pretty harsh considering that there is more to the movie than just a little girl using inappropriate language.

Ebert wrote (possible spoilers): "Shall I have feelings, or should I pretend to be cool? Will I seem hopelessly square if I find Kick-Ass morally reprehensible and will I appear to have missed the point? Let's say you're a big fan of the original comic book, and you think the movie does it justice. You know what? You inhabit a world I am so very not interested in. A movie camera makes a record of whatever is placed in front of it, and in this case, it shows deadly carnage dished out by an 11-year-old girl, after which an adult man brutally hammers her to within an inch of her life. Blood everywhere. Now tell me all about the context."

Read more: http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=17390&count=0#ixzz0lIQrEGbt

Well I have to see this movie now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Robert Ebert Calls "Kick-Ass" Morally Reprehensible
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1