chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Miners Forbidden to Attend Funeral of Coworker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Miners Forbidden to Attend Funeral of Coworker   Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Quote :
Families of workers killed in the West Virginia mine explosion are beginning to bury their loved ones, as residents speak out against Massey Energy and government regulators responsible for the disaster.

Mourners at a vigil on SaturdayIn an especially vindictive move, workers said that Massey has refused to allow miners time off so that they can attend the funerals of their coworkers.

The bodies of four miners were found early Saturday morning, bringing the total number killed to 29. The final death toll makes last week’s tragedy the deadliest mine disaster since 1970, when 38 people were killed in an explosion at a Finley Coal mine in Hyden, Kentucky.

It appeared that the miners found Saturday, like all those killed in the mine, had made no attempt to put on their rescue breathers. This means that the blast killed them almost immediately. The explosion was so powerful that it shredded railroad tracks, buckled mine barriers, and reversed the direction of ventilation fans five miles from the origin.

The size of the explosion suggests an extremely concentrated buildup of methane gas and coal dust at the Upper Big Branch mine. It exemplifies the disregard for the human lives with which Massey Energy, abetted by mine regulators, makes its profits.

The bodies of the four workers were found near the other miners. Rescuers had passed them last Monday but did not see the bodies because of smoke and debris. Two miners survived the blast. One is still hospitalized.
What an asshole thing to do...

It's a pretty long story and this is only like 1/3 of it, so if you want to read the rest:

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/apr2010/mine-a12.shtml?sick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4532
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Miners Forbidden to Attend Funeral of Coworker   Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:26 pm

That's just stupid. ;/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar

Male Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Miners Forbidden to Attend Funeral of Coworker   Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Wtf. Thats lame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bek
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Female Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Miners Forbidden to Attend Funeral of Coworker   Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:37 pm

What a freaking prick Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miners Forbidden to Attend Funeral of Coworker   

Back to top Go down

Miners Forbidden to Attend Funeral of Coworker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1