chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kevin Eubanks is leaving The Tonight Show after 18 years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Kevin Eubanks is leaving The Tonight Show after 18 years   Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Hey guys,

Breaking News: Kevin Eubanks is leaving The Tonight Show

After 18 years, the Bandleader for Jay Leno says that it is time to move on

Here's the story:

Kevin Eubanks confirms he's leaving Jay Leno's side
by Lynette Rice

Kevin Eubanks made it official during today’s taping of The Tonight Show by announcing he will leave the late night talk show in six weeks. Back in February, NBC confirmed that Eubanks was ready to step aside after serving 18 years as Jay Leno’s music director.

After doing his “Headlines” segment, Leno called the 52 year old Eubanks to the couch and announced how “we have one more headline to get to and it involves our very own Kevin Eubanks.”

“After 18 years, I just need a change of pace and see what else is going on,” Eubanks said. ” But it’s a really difficult decision because this has become my second home, as it has been for the band, and I love the audience and the American people really love the show and it’s been a wonderful experience to be here.”

“It has been a pleasure,” Leno said. “You’ve been a great friend and really supportive. When those jokes die, I gotta look to you man.”

“I thought about this and it wasn’t that difficult,” replied Eubanks. ” After 18 years of playing America in to commercials, I’m gonna go somewhere where I can finish a song.”

credit: Entertainment Weekly
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kevin Eubanks is leaving The Tonight Show after 18 years
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1