chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:22 pm

Quote :
Twilight actor Robert Pattinson is set to play Kurt Cobain in a film about the late Nirvana frontman, it's been reported.

Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, who is an executive producer on the project, has apparently made the actor the "number one choice" to play her former husband.

Love is also understood to be targeting actress Scarlett Johansson to play her in the movie, tentatively titled All Apologies.

"This is a big money deal for Courtney," a source told The Sun newspaper.

"She has agreed to the film on condition that she gets to decide the main aspects of the project including director, casting, screenplay and music."

Pattinson, 23, is said to be keen to take up the role due to his interest in music.

"Robert has been calling and emailing her non-stop," the source added.

"She has been a bit wound up by his manners, but he is her number one choice to play Kurt. She is adamant Scarlett will play her."

Cobain, who along with Nirvana popularised grunge music in the early nineties, committed suicide in 1994.

Details about a film, thought to be based on Charles Cross’ 2001 biography, Heavier Than Heaven, first emerged in 2007.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4532
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Oh god, no no no no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:00 pm

Lame. Very very lame. He doesn't suit the role of Kurt Cobain, in my opinion, and his acting skills seem limited. I love Nirvana but now this movie's totally going to become the new trend for tween girls to go see cos OMG!11 R-PATZ IS SO CUTE!!111 YA KNOW?!1 OMGOMGOMG. Ugh.

Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Ironically, they may be making a movie that real Nirvana fans won't want to see. I think they should go with an unknown to play the lead, so the movie it's self will not be overshadowed by the cast. When you see the movie, you should be thinking about Cobain and not the actor playing him. I think that the Johny Cash bio-pic got the genre exaxtly right. Whomever directs this movie, should take some cues from Walk the Line. Walk the Line created a whole new genaration of Cash fans and, it done right, the Nirvana bio-pic could do the samething.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:20 pm

^^ I totally agree, CJ. Smart post.

"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Ironically, they may be making a movie that real Nirvana fans won't want to see. I think they should go with an unknown to play the lead, so the movie it's self will not be overshadowed by the cast. When you see the movie, you should be thinking about Cobain and not the actor playing him. I think that the Johny Cash bio-pic got the genre exaxtly right. Whomever directs this movie, should take some cues from Walk the Line. Walk the Line created a whole new genaration of Cash fans and, it done right, the Nirvana bio-pic could do the samething.

Joaquin Phoenix was one of the biggest guys in Hollywood at the time ... He was like todays Gerard Butler.

But yes, I do agree with your point. Walk The Line was probably not the best example though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:35 pm

^^Walk the Line is fantastic because at some point stopped watching Pheonix play Cash and you started seeing Cash. A huge star can do Cobain, but it takes someone that can act. Before Pheonix went off the deep end, he was a tremendous actor. Pattinson could not act his way out of a paper bag. I don't want to see Twilight trying to play Nirvana songs. If I see this movie, I want to see what made the man that made the music and thus, the Walk the Line refrence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:39 pm

What? This is stupid...

I too loved Walk The Line, and it definitely made me more of a Johnny Cash fan after watching, so I agree that they should go along the same lines as they did with that. Using Rob is just an all around bad move. I'm sure Nirvana fans would love the cinemas being taken over by thousands of screaming teenagers when they're watching it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wwe.com
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:54 pm

I am curious into who will get the role of Krist Noveselic and Dave Ghrol.

They won't themselves but that would be pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schiffer
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Not that I care, Nirvana are overrated. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4532
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Quote :
Courtney Love says she likes Ryan Gosling over 'Twilight' star to play Cobain

Courtney Love says the rumours that "Twilight" star Robert Pattinson has been handpicked to play Kurt Cobain in an upcoming biopic are "silly" and "stupid."

But in an interview with The Canadian Press, Love said she can imagine Canadian actor Ryan Gosling in the role of her late husband.

She said she could also see Scottish actor James McAvoy playing the part of Cobain, the frontman of the seminal grunge band Nirvana.

Love says she will likely never see the film - which is still in its embryonic production stages - because it would be too difficult to sit through.

But she wants to approve casting and the script and is hoping a friend, film producer Trudie Styler, will act as her "proxy" to ensure the movie is done right.

Love says she might scuttle plans for the film if Styler isn't involved.

The rumour about Pattinson being chosen by Love to play Cobain originated out of U.K. newspaper the Sun.

"Isn't that so stupid, who would cast him? That's just wrong, no offence (to Pattinson)," Love said.

"I watched the 'Twilight' stuff very, very recently and I get it, it resonates with the teenaged girl in me, I understand epic love of that nature; I write about it all the time.

"But isn't that silly?"

Copyright © 2010 The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.

Ryan Gosling.. someone who can actually act. HELL YES.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:46 pm

^^Totally agree with this^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic   

Back to top Go down

Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in biopic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1