chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2010-03-13

PostSubject: Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............   Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:19 pm

What is your favorite wrestling game from Super Nintendo right up to ps3,X-box 360..........

I would have to say NO Mercy for Nintendo 64..

Mainly Because it had a really good CAW engine,and the controls were amazing for there time as were the graphics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............   Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Here Comes the Pain had a great story-mode. So I choose that one.

IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............   Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Wrestlemania 21 for the xbox. Great roster, great storyline, great everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............   Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:10 am

Mattitude Follower wrote:
Here Comes the Pain had a great story-mode. So I choose that one.

Agreed, Plus it had the debut of the Elimination Chamber and Bra & Panties. Also, Who doesn't wanna kick ass with Goldberg or Lesner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............   Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:54 pm

A few out of the many I played stick out...

No Mercy (N64) - Bar the fact that at times, in the middle of a story, all my data will be deleted and my previously custom character turns back into the generic model, this game is awesome. There is a lot to do here. Whether it's completely messing around with one of the characters designs, or playing one of the many storylines, that do have variation based of win or loses, you'll have plenty to do. The graphics are pretty bareable considering what time the game was released but even me, who prefers the graphics of the N64 to most systems, find them unappealing at a lot of times, and wish it looked neater. The controls also aren't obvious. While most things are easily figured out, this game took me a little longer to figure all that I could do with it. That has nothing to do with the mas amount of what you can do but because the controls wouldn't be what you'd think. Either way, once you've got it all down, it's one of the best. The create-a-character mode is one of the best and one of the few I like.

Day of Reckoning - This is an amazing game. The controls are simple, the create-a-character mode is simple and there is a lot to do in this game. I have dropkick off a ladder in the ring to someone standing on a ladder outside the ring, and vise versa (with slight alterations). Very few games can you do that in. Story mode is pretty fun, I guess. It's definitely not the main attraction. That would be the gameplay. In no other game, can I have so much fun playing a fatal four way steel cage match for thirty minutes with no winners. It's that good. You can pick up all the controls in a few matches and the simplicity never becomes to much of problem.

Day of Reckoning 2 - Minus a few miss features (e.g. super impact [rare times when finishers would hurt even more than regular) the game is still solid. It also welcomes the addition of multiple submission types: submit, drain, taunt, and rest hold. The mayhem in this game is toned down, which is depressing but the essentials are still there and the mayhem still lurks around the corner. Story mode, while having a much better plot than the first, is less fun. It takes place a while after the story in the first was left off (you're on Raw no matter what, even if you picked Smackdown in DoR), and you're challenging for the World belt at Mania. However, the belt get's stolen and the match is scrapped. Eventually, you get framed and fired from Raw. You then go on Smackdown work your way up, and prove that it was really Edge (I believe) who stole it. Actually three people were invovled but still. The game is solid.

Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain - Only one word is needed to explain why this game makes the list - season. HCTP has the best season mode for a wrestling game I've ever played and I've played pretty much every wrestling game that incorpates a season mode (minus the predesscors of HCTP [first few Smackdown games). It's absolutely addicting. The gameplay is also at it's peak, few wrestling games rival it. The game also has probably the best roster in any game. Only if Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, and yes, even Jeff Hardy stayed in it the roster would be even better. Their absences don't really matter since we still got Rock, Goldberg, Rock, Lesnar, Triple H, Taker, Taker, Shawn, etc. There are also a large variety of matches for exhibition mode. I love this game.

... in short, No Mercy, the DoR series, and Smackdown: HCTP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affy
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar

Male Number of posts : 809
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............   Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:17 pm

I don't know why...but I'm going with Legends of Wrestling 2 and Smackdown vs. Raw 2008.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............   Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Ohh, Legends of Wrestling II was great.

Where you would earn the chips and buy arenas and stuff. Loved it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............   

Back to top Go down

Favorite Wrestling Videogame..............
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1