chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I have something to say...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: I have something to say...   Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:48 pm

I am leaving my position as head admin of CGS in the near future. I will no longer be a staff member here although I will continue to appear as a poster when I can because this forum is definitely my favourite out of all that I've joined. I do not want to see CGS die like so many other sites do all the time.

I'm sure the question on your mind right now is 'why?'. It's no individual or collection of people. I've lost virtually all interest in wrestling and this was primarily created as a wrestling discussion site. But it's more than that. What makes me come online is two things: a) friends, and b) e-feds. RPing is something I really enjoy doing and I have become disillusioned with other parts of forums. In addition, I've led this forum for over a year and its remained active - something so many sites have failed to do. However, I feel burned out with this project. I've given it my all; when the CGC needed writers, I was there to fill in and type an article; when the fed started collapsing, I was there to post results that week; when the activity looked low, I was there to persuade people to join. I guess that's why I won joint Staff Member of the Year and Outstanding Contribution to CGS with Inah - who deserved the awards as much as I did. I've shown you my vision of CGS and it's lasted this long but it's someone else's turn while I branch off and do something else. There's a reason countries change leaders every four years or so.

I tried to email the CGS owner Orton_PwNz about my upcoming resignation and to leave him with the option of who takes my place but his email doesn't work so I have instead PM'd him. As OP is no longer active on CGS and only logs in sporadically, this means he may not read my PM for a week or so - maybe even later. Therefore I shall be continuing in my position as admin for now to aid Babaganoosh. Babz will retain his admin spot, he just doesn't feel he is able to man this forum alone hence why I have informed OP to choose a new admin.

For the record, I tried to convince both StuffOfLegends and Inah, two of the best staff members in CGS history, to take my spot. But neither wanted the job nor had the time so I decided to leave the decision to OP. He gave me the chance to lead CGS and its only fitting he gives that chance to someone else. I just hope he picks the right person, and if he doesn't and CGS dies, I hope he doesn't delete this place. We have too many memories here for it to vanish.

I decided to inform you all in advance so it isn't a total shock when my name isn't dark blue. I'd like to thank everybody who helped contribute to CGS under my reign as I couldn't have run a successful forum without you there posting. I wish CGS all the best and I shall continue to post here so this isn't the end, hopefully just the start of something new.

Alex

Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4532
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Boo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 pm

I didn't comment in here partially because we already talked about this and you know what's up on my end. Also, I couldn't think of anything intelligent to say...so

Inah wrote:
Boo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Man uz a ho. Don't leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RKO93
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Male Number of posts : 1652
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Well...boo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:15 am

I'm pretty sure who I think will take over and it will not be good.

Anyway, It will be a shame to see you leave but if you feel it is right then so be it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Ah, fuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheWittyTwit
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion

Male Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:54 pm

I just failed out of college, soooo I have potentially more free time opening up? On the other hand, I am not particularly active in all areas of the forum, and I tend to not stay active for extended periods of time.

I guess what I'm saying is, I would love to help if I can, but I am not sure I am the right person.

Thanks for keeping the place alive; I never could have committed academic suicide without you (and yes, that IS a compliment <3).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emmanuel
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Awwwww damn!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:26 pm

TheWittyTwit wrote:
I just failed out of college, soooo I have potentially more free time opening up?
Whoah whoah whoah, back up there. When did that happen? And was it because someone caught you having sex with Mr. Matthews?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ladymahogany
The Legend
The Legend

Female Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:20 am

TheWittyTwit wrote:
I just failed out of college, soooo I have potentially more free time opening up?

Apparently we have a lot of catching up to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:23 am

Ah, I'm sad to see you step down Alex, you did a great job at keeping CGS going. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wwe.com
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:38 pm

although i already knew about this beforehand...

Tiff wrote:
I'm sad to see you step down Alex, you did a great job at keeping CGS going. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have something to say...   

Back to top Go down

I have something to say...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chaingangsoldier :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: