chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

L&O, CSI, AFV & The Simpsons; Overrated?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: L&O, CSI, AFV & The Simpsons; Overrated?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:17 am

Hey guys, here's a question for all of you:

Now, these 4 shows have become somewhat of a trademark or tradition for NBC, CBS, abc and Fox

and so, I want to know:

are these 4 shows overrated?

and if so, please explain

Law & Order (NBC)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS)
AFV-America's Funniest Home Videos (abc)
The Simpsons (Fox)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: L&O, CSI, AFV & The Simpsons; Overrated?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:22 am

Never seen Law & Order, so don't know.

CSI, at least the LV version, I was a fan of. It was better when Gil and Sarah were still on. They made some cast additions that are easy on the eyes though Very Happy

AFV...it is what it is. You'll get whatever people send in + some crappy commentary.

The Simpsons I personally really enjoy. There's a lot of intelligent stuff and cultural references that I pick up as time goes on. What I see when I watched an episode in like grade 6 is so differently than what I see when I watch it now because I've seen more movies, tv shows, read some books (well...know of the book's storylines). I think they do a great job of integrating all these references and make it "Simpsons" without it sticking out like a sore thumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affliction
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: L&O, CSI, AFV & The Simpsons; Overrated?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:23 am

Law & Order-Aside from CI the show is one of the best crime shows on television.
CSI-Only watch Las Vegas
AFV-Never found the humor of AFV
The Simpsons-I don't watch Simpsons bit I wouldn't say it's overrated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiff
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: L&O, CSI, AFV & The Simpsons; Overrated?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:27 am

Well, I've never actually watched L&O or AFV, so I have no idea about the two of them. As for CSI, I've watched a few episodes, and I honestly don't see what the hype is all about... so yeah, I'd say that's definitely overrated. As for The Simpsons, which I personally love, I don't think it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wwe.com
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: L&O, CSI, AFV & The Simpsons; Overrated?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Well I remember Jack Klugman stated in his personal quote about Quincy M.E. calling it the Original CSI

Here's what he said:

"We were the first CSI. All these other shows just took what we did and made it bloodier and sexier. Our show was actually about something, we had a message and a moral. You can't compare gold to tin foil. I was a one man CSI."

I guess Klugman is not a fan of CSI and personally, I don't blame him

and also, IMO, w/o Law & Order was never the same w/o the late Jerry Orbach, but the only thing good is that S. Epatha Merkerson and Sam Waterston are still carrying the torch for L&O

Now The Simpsons should've been cancelled a long time ago, but my guess is that it's just another excuse for Fox to try and make big money and keep the actor employed whether they liked it or not

and as for AFV, it is definately overrated, I mean, doesn't AFV have anything else to show besides AFV and/or taking a good show off the air in favor of more AFV?

and also, a buddy of mine told me that he heard that the reason Bob Saget left AFV in 1997 is b/c he hated it

Now Tom Bergeron is doing Double Duties ever since Hollywood Sqaures got cancelled:

The All-New AFV and Dancing with the Stars

Poor Thing

But @ least he's still employed though

and as for Daisy Fuentes and John Fugelsang, I'll bet that the reason they didn't last too long is probably b/c they hated doing the show and they wanted to do other things

and I LOVE Daisy, too, but John Fugelsang, even though I could tolerate him on VH-1 as a VJ, I couldn't STAND his jokes on AFV

and also, abc family is still showing the Bob Saget Version and WGN America is still showing Bergeron's Version and The NEW AFV w/Daisy and John

John is now hosting WPT on GSN and Daisy is still doing other shows as an emcee

and I think that Bob Saget is better off hosting 1 vs. 100 than AFV even though I'm not a fan of Saget or his Raunchy Humor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: L&O, CSI, AFV & The Simpsons; Overrated?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:15 pm

tnalockdownfan wrote:

and as for AFV, it is definately overrated, I mean, doesn't AFV have anything else to show besides AFV and/or taking a good show off the air in favor of more AFV?
If AFV was more than AFV, wouldn't they not name is AFV and into what it actually is?

tnalockdownfan wrote:

and also, a buddy of mine told me that he heard that the reason Bob Saget left AFV in 1997 is b/c he hated it
You don't need a buddy to tell you, Bob's said it on numerous occasions on television. If you watched his stand-up, you'd know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L&O, CSI, AFV & The Simpsons; Overrated?   

Back to top Go down

L&O, CSI, AFV & The Simpsons; Overrated?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1