chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:52 am

Okay, so I'm planning on living in Canada in a few years and i kinda got my ideas in which cities i'd like to live in but i'd like to hear your opinions to help me out, since i've never been to Canada and everything i know is because of internet articles and books, so a few personal opinions and testimonies would be great ...

I'd love to live in Vancouver, i just see it as the ideal city, but the thing is that it's too expensive so that probably is ruled out .... my 2nd choice would be London (Ontario) because i think it's a nice place for it's not too busy and not very expensive, and also i have 1 or 2 online friends who live there and plan on staying there, so it could be a plus .... I was always curious about Toronto but people have told me it's just a city to visit and not really good to live in since it's fairly expensive and smelly ...

so, what would your suggestions be? keep in mind this will only happen in a couple of years, but any help now would be good

Thanks in advance Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4532
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:55 am

Vancouver. I don't know, when I went there last summer, it just seemed like a place that fits me. It helps that I have family living there as well, and in Richmond, which is near.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Guilha wrote:
I was always curious about Toronto but people have told me it's just a city to visit and not really good to live in since it's fairly expensive and smelly ...
I think if you were looking at downtown Toronto, then yeah, it's really expensive there and probably not the best place to live. Unless you're like huge on sports because our hockey, basketball, baseball, and football teams all play like within 10-15 minutes of each other.

I think though that if you wanted to move into the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), you'll probably like it a bit more. It's a little less expensive and polluted (though, it's still a bit because it's still a kinda busy place). I would say living somewhere in York Region would be a good choice (particularly Vaughn or Markham because they're the closest to Toronto, but without being so busy and congested).

I guess it kind of depends on what you're looking for where you live (i.e. schools, accessibility, quiet towns, entertainment districts, etc.).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Which Canada city has the best strip clubs Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:04 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
I guess it kind of depends on what you're looking for where you live (i.e. schools, accessibility, quiet towns, entertainment districts, etc.).

i really would like a calm place but not far from town center which, in itself, wouldnt be very busy (with easy accessibility, i guess) ... just a nice and familiar place to live ..

Concrete Jesus wrote:

I'm not that desperate ..

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, btw Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Yeah, then I'd recommend somewhere in Markham or Vaughn (and I'm recommending this based on the regions around Toronto, not recommending it over like Vancouver or London because I don't know much about those areas).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:39 pm

...Shouldn't the question be "Which Canadian city would you recommend to live in?"

Silly Guilha, George Bush will be summoned to rape you once again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:56 pm

babaganoosh wrote:
Yeah, then I'd recommend somewhere in Markham or Vaughn (and I'm recommending this based on the regions around Toronto, not recommending it over like Vancouver or London because I don't know much about those areas).

'kay, thanks Wink

YeaI'mTheKane wrote:
...Shouldn't the question be "Which Canadian city would you recommend to live in?"

Silly Guilha, George Bush will be summoned to rape you once again.

OH NOES !!

D=
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:46 pm

Guilha wrote:
babaganoosh wrote:

i really would like a calm place but not far from town center which, in itself, wouldnt be very busy (with easy accessibility, i guess) ... just a nice and familiar place to live ..

Concrete Jesus wrote:

I'm not that desperate ..
In the US, you are not old enough yet.

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, btw Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?   

Back to top Go down

Which Canada city would you recommend to live in?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1