chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 What are your religious views?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac


Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:00 pm

Leon Caprice wrote:
I am a born again, water baptised, non-denominal Christian. Now I take my religion highly serious and I do consider myself a strong Christian so please no negitive remarks or insulting points please. It's my style of living and I belive in it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 24
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:01 pm

Leon Caprice wrote:
I am a born again, water baptised, non-denominal Christian. Now I take my religion highly serious and I do consider myself a strong Christian so please no negitive remarks or insulting points please. It's my style of living and I belive in it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
avatar

Male Number of posts : 4922
Age : 24
Registration date : 2007-09-30
Points : 13947

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:05 pm

Leon Caprice wrote:
I am a born again, water baptised, non-denominal Christian. Now I take my religion highly serious and I do consider myself a strong Christian so please no negitive remarks or insulting points please. It's my style of living and I belive in it.



-shrugs-

Oh we're still posting religion-related pics? My bad.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 24
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:06 pm

Leon Caprice wrote:
I am a born again, water baptised, non-denominal Christian. Now I take my religion highly serious and I do consider myself a strong Christian so please no negitive remarks or insulting points please. It's my style of living and I belive in it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Caprice
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 27
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Points : 1314

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:37 am

http://chaingangsoldier.fullboards.com/forum-news-f27/the-10-commandments-of-cgs-t7646.htm
From the 10 Commandments of CGS. wrote:

Commandment Six

Thou shall avoid using words that contain any of the following in an offensive mannor:

* Racism
* Sexual Preference
* Religion


You also shouldn't flame anywhere but the feud. If you do, you will be warned and then eventually be suspended. We do not promote these kinds of words on CGS, however this will be taken as a case by case basis due to the fact that some of us (including myself) make points on equal rights with these words.

Now I put forward that both Alex & Kyle should be suspended for their lack of duty and care to the rules of CGS. Further more the lack of respect to peoples decision and failing to realise that the talk of religion should be something seen and not argued. Both of these members have displayed an immature & inconsiderate behaviour towards the beliefs of one member, when noted in the 1st post that negitive responses were not asked for.

On a personal note I included that sentance as a few days before I was in a heated chatbox debate about religion and did not want to spark relevant points again.

So in conclusion this behaviour should not go unpunished as this is not a 'lulz' moment, but rather trying to insult ones religion and thus insulting all who follow it.

Shame to both Alex and Kyle...
And PUNISHMENT SHOULD be given, no matter the status of those involved!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 24
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:40 am

Incorrect. See, the flaw within your little scheme here is that the rule CLEARLY states:

Thou shall avoid using words

I infact see no words typed by myself or Alex, thus, your rule has no power in this context.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Caprice
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 27
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Points : 1314

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:44 am

Your immaturity needs to be turned down.

The reason this is a problem is because there is words in the pictures...and you post those pictures deliberately onto CGS so in turn it is to your fault too.

Don't weasel out of this, you did wrong clearly and you should be punished for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 24
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:48 am

Did I do wrong? In some manner, perhaps. However, it wasn't in a direct violation of any rule. I typed not even ONE word. If pictures I posted HAPPENED to have words on it, so be it, that doesn't mean "I" typed them, nor does it mean Alex did.

Immature? Indeed. Breaking of a rule? No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
avatar

Male Number of posts : 8610
Age : 24
Location : Tijuana, Mexico ... Ol'e!
Registration date : 2007-10-06
Points : 20372

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:50 am

Leon is right, But i do doubt Alex will suspend himself and Kyle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Caprice
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 27
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Points : 1314

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:07 am

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE WORDS!!!

You picked out those pictures deliberately. You are accountable for bringing them to the eyes of CGS, so do not try to make it seem that it is no fault of yours that these words came to CGS, It is your fault and it is in relation to the rule. Words were seen and they were directed to CGS through you and Alex...

Because if you want to dissect the rule, I shall in return:
"Thou shall avoid using words that contain any of the following in an offensive mannor:"

It uses the term 'using' not 'type' or 'write' so in relation to the context that defines that the actions of the user are responsible to the words 'used' in their related posts.

And they are 'offensive' as it is deliberately insulting one member, as evident from the carrying of my original post.

Now with all this in sight, you have done wrong in CGS and punishment is required. CGS is not an elitist fed OOC, so it should prove so by punished both members til a time picked by the other admins & mods not related to this incident.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 24
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:11 am

You are talking in a brilliant size for someone whom once quit the fed and stated that his writing was above others. Elitest OOC may apply to yourself in some sense.

As for the topic. Whilst it doesn't state type or write, but rather states "use", I still USED no words. The words were upon the pictures, of course, but I didn't use these words by any means. I merely shared the photos to you, as did Alex.

Perhaps our statement was that we are Anti-Christain?

Regardless of what its intent was, we used no words, merely pictures which barred words. Thus, we didn't use them.

Deffense still stands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Caprice
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 27
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Points : 1314

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:24 am

Please just accept your actions and accept the punishment that will come.

You did use those words, you picked those pictures not for the pictures themselves, but also for the text below them. Thus you used them to deliver your point.

And if your statement was that you are Anti-christian, THEN SAY THAT!! Rather than be insultive for NINE POSTS!! each making reference to my original post.

And please stop with the simpleton attitude. Be accountable for what you did, and don't push your point of saying, I didn't use them, If it was meant to be your way then it would say 'write' or the rule wouldn't be in there at all. But it is and by CGS's beliefs of an anti-religious FFA it still stands.

So man up, say sorry and just accept it please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 24
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:37 am

Hmmm.
Didn't break any rules, on a technical aspect.

But at 2:24 AM I could care less to press the subject as the same exact responses are being given time and time again.

- You broke the rule
- no
- yes
- no
- yes

Because of such, if the staff wish to ban me they may do as much. DO NOT ban Alex/MF however, as the entire concept was my own. I am willing to take the ban under the circumstances that Alex does not.

Pressing upon a slightly seperate subject, but one that still links to the primary topic, Cap'N'Rice... Would you enjoy knowing WHY I started this all? I shall enlighten you on such. You have, and all ways seem to do, one thing consistently. You ask/tell that no one do something. It had all begun with your return, you informed us that we CAN'T bring up the old Caprice. Perposterous, history cann't be erased (subsiding what Vince may think about Beniots situation in this case). Of course I would ignore your plead and go for what was surely good material.

Moving on towards the present moment, you stated that you wish us not to make fun of you. If such was the case then you should NOT have posted. If you feared that someone would instigate something, then why post, as such would be the actual instigation, as was in this case. I could honestly care LESS of what you wish to think of the world and the afterlife, (etc). But because you said "no one do X" I felt the need to defy you. Why? To show you that it could be done in some sense, and that if you wished for it not to happen, don't give me the information.

This, my children, is the internet. You want someone to stop soing something (or in this case begin)? Unfortunatly, such isn't going to be done.

Was it immature? Yes. Was it funny? You say no, I say otherwise, and I think that anyone whom thought otherwise in their religious views would agree that it was funny. Nothing is ever funny when it targets you.

You are touchy on the subject, you made that basal, and I exploited such for the sheer entertainment value that it would bring.

In the end, my point stands. If you didn't want me to, don't give me the tools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Caprice
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 27
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Points : 1314

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:58 am

Everyone can say anything... I can't stop you but I can ask you not to. It was a polite request, knowing that some people within CGS are quite forceful towards my beliefs, thus I was hesitant due to the chat earlier in the week.

Now I thank you for now accepting that it is a ban-able/suspenable action.

Now on a personal note. As I have explained to Alex and do not fully want to bring to light to CGS there has been a change in my attitudes since my last visit into CGS. And yes it does also refer to my christian journey. Now without the sudden need to respond about that please just accept that now upon my return I did not want to talk about the old Leon as it didn't return well to what I was now trying to project. And normally one would change character, however I have been and always will be Leon Caprice, the only different thing I do is change the personaility.

And as I mentioned in the questionaire, I vent through my promo's, so by remembering that point, there is a difference in my RP's light. Also in reference to your point. I believed when I left the last time, people were seeing my promo's as joker rip-offs and irrelevant pieces of creative writing, whereas it was all symbolic. I tend to adjust the angles to suit the situations, involving more characters for bigger matches or having a straight plot to show a 1-1 match. That was how I angled the old Leon and I was saddened that not many grasped that and I felt like some of my work was unappreciated, as if I was RPing just for myself. So I left on that note, plus a few other reasons, but that was the point you bring to light.

Now lastly, I don't mind other peoples views on life, the world, & religion. However it needs to be conducted in a context that isn't offensive and isn't to insult others. Now it is evident that your posts were deliberate & that your points changing from saying "I'm anti-christian" to then "I did it for the lulz" and to finally reside at " I exploited (it) such for the sheer entertainment value that it would bring".

Now in a religion thread, is that respectable, is that a nice thing to do? no it isn't and if this was all a personal attack on me and my beliefs, then start something in the Feud Section.

And in terms of this thread, it isn't in the Feud Section, so keep it respectable please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 24
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:08 am

As to your closing statement, I never stated that my intentions were based upon being an anti-X. Rather, I was implying that those could have been my motives behind the situation.

And I am just not sure how you didn't connect "the lulz" to "entertainment value". As both reside in the same specific intent.

And no, like I said, I could care less on what religion you chose. Regardless of it, I would have done as much. I informed Affy that even if you had stated that same beleifes as myself, my comments would have commenced as where. It was a personal attack, as I stated numerous times above, merely because you chose to state that you don't want any negative to arise from such. Of course, I knew the entertainment value would flow from such, as it did. I shall assume you can put that together.

Once more, if you don't want the insult aspect, don't allow me to have tools which can cause as much.

P.S: I didn't say it was bannable. Though many shall see it as so, I TECHNICALLY broke no rules. I did however state that I was willing to recive the some what pointless punishment that would follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Caprice
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 27
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Points : 1314

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:15 am

Glad to hear...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 24
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:18 am

Merely correcting the flaws in which you produced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon Caprice
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 585
Age : 27
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Points : 1314

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:57 am

I was referring to your last statement, taking out the words "some what pointless" it was good to see you accept that there may be some punishment.

And in relation to my produced flaws. Well I acknowledge the fact that they arise from a more detailed version of opinions from you, sure there is a misconception here, but when your primary points change so quickly its hard to keep relevance.

But the reasons are on the table and punishment is pending...

But although my actions in the past haven't been ideal, that doesn't excuse your actions now. And i'm disappointed that you'd rather argue the point then say sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
avatar

Male Number of posts : 4922
Age : 24
Registration date : 2007-09-30
Points : 13947

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:35 am

This is a topic about religion and Leon was trying to stop people from expressing their opinions on Christianity. If you don't want people to discuss religion then perhaps you shouldn't have put it out there that you take it so seriously. You can't censor how other people feel towards religion just because you believe in it. Just because I like rap music, that doesn't mean I can stop Concrete Jesus ripping it to pieces all the time [xD]. If you had just stated your belief like everybody else then there would be no problem on my end. But once you start trying to dictate what opinions can be expressed and what can't be, then I have an issue. I don't think that you, a regular forum member, should be telling the forum whether they can make anti-Christian remarks. Not everybody here is Christian and I don't feel their views should be silenced for the sake of somebody who refuses to even read the opposing argument. Me and Deathlocke chose to express ourselves using images. We didn't go on rants full of personal attacks on you, Leon. Instead we focussed on our opposing feelings on religion. So really, I don't see what the big deal is, other than you asking people not to, which I see as ridiculous when this thread is about religion.

I'm done with the admin spot anyway so if babz wants to suspend me then go ahead. That would be foolish though, considering I have ha 0 prior offences. Here we follow a system of warnings leading up to suspensions and bans. Deathlocke has had one, maybe two warnings. I've had none. So suspending me seems a little much but it's up to babz.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 3563
Age : 24
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2007-12-02
Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:52 am

Leon, MF, Kyle take it to the fued...and until this is all sorted out...LOCK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 3563
Age : 24
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2007-12-02
Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Okay the mess is delt with to my satisfaction. No more religion bashing okay guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com
/wooo/
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
avatar

Male Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-10-25
Points : 297

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:41 am

Is it possible for salvation to find you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
free fallin(The Sorrow)
Dark Match Wrestler
Dark Match Wrestler
avatar

Male Number of posts : 137
Age : 29
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2010-03-13
Points : 577

PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:45 pm

catholic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What are your religious views?   

Back to top Go down
 
What are your religious views?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Views of a Yound Doctor
» 2 Contrasting Views on the False Start Rule
» Is being religious good or bad for Boxers???
» Interesting interview of Agassi and his views on federer and the game
» Shirvo's views on LeMaitre & his 9.98

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chaingangsoldier :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: