chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Are you straight edge and why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
avatar

Male Number of posts : 4921
Age : 24
Registration date : 2007-09-30
Points : 13945

PostSubject: Are you straight edge and why?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:35 pm

With the recent formation [and it seems break-up] of the Straight Edge Army in the e-fed, it got me thinking who's straight edge on CGS and why they follow this lifestyle. So yeah, go ahead and share.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1194
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-08-07
Points : 3890

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Nope, though I don't drink and don't do harsh drugs I like sex too much to be straight-edge (Yes, straight-edge peoples have sex with protection but they're not meant to without being married xD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
avatar

Male Number of posts : 3627
Age : 28
Location : Under your bed
Registration date : 2007-11-21
Points : 235

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:23 pm

No I'm not.

Why?

Because life isn't as fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ecw.com
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1194
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-08-07
Points : 3890

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 pm

^^^ pretty much Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!
avatar

Male Number of posts : 9907
Location : T-Dot
Registration date : 2007-06-23
Points : 119638

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:54 pm

What would be the exact definition of straight-edge?

I would imagine TNALDF fits the mold though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 23
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:10 pm

Yes, and there is no reason behind it. Just a choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 3563
Age : 23
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2007-12-02
Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:35 am

It's a way of life, you chose to live by it, you can be stright-edge if you want, you don't have to listen to the music, you don't need to have the tats, you just need to live clean, that's all being straight-edge is.

I'm straight-edge...xXx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com
minasauce
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
avatar

Female Number of posts : 202
Age : 26
Location : Wherever the van dumped me
Registration date : 2009-08-25
Points : 1011

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:30 am

I used to be. I guess technically I still am, but I feel like I've ventured away from the rigidity I used to have. My roommates are both drunk out of their minds right now, but I'm not ranting at them like I may have in years past.

The reason I don't do anything "fun" is because I'm a total control freak. If I lose control of myself, even thinking about it now, frustrates me to no end. Not to mention I've watched my Dad ruin his life with drugs and alcohol (he's now on disability and has significantly lowered liver functions. If he got drunk on a Friday, he would remain drunk until about Wednesday of the next week). My Grandpa is in a similar condition, except he was so deep into alcohol he nearly lost his home, car, and several other things because he was too drunk to pay bills

Those genetics aren't something I want to test too much.

And I'm not promiscuous because I don't have the game to pull a one night stand. Monogamy is the best I can do bedroom-ly speaking. But that's okay, I prefer someone I can cuddle with as opposed to making mean jokes about their weight so they'll leave (God I love Rayne Summers).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
avatar

Male Number of posts : 8610
Age : 23
Location : Tijuana, Mexico ... Ol'e!
Registration date : 2007-10-06
Points : 20372

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 am

Straight-Edge Zach wrote:
You don't need to have the tats, you just need to live clean.

But to me, Tats are not clean by Any means.

And no, I am not straight Edge. I think it is quite stupid and just for attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 23
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:29 am

Sykesy wrote:
Straight-Edge Zach wrote:
You don't need to have the tats, you just need to live clean.

But to me, Tats are not clean by Any means.

And no, I am not straight Edge. I think it is quite stupid and just for attention.

?

Explain how someone chosing not to drink, smoke or do drugs is attention seeking? Do you live an area where thats ALL that is done, thus refusing to be a fucking moron makes you standout, which would by some means make you seem like an attention seeker?.... Move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP
avatar

Male Number of posts : 3627
Age : 28
Location : Under your bed
Registration date : 2007-11-21
Points : 235

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:14 am

Kyle Deathlocke. wrote:
Sykesy wrote:
Straight-Edge Zach wrote:
You don't need to have the tats, you just need to live clean.

But to me, Tats are not clean by Any means.

And no, I am not straight Edge. I think it is quite stupid and just for attention.

?

Explain how someone chosing not to drink, smoke or do drugs is attention seeking? Do you live an area where thats ALL that is done, thus refusing to be a fucking moron makes you standout, which would by some means make you seem like an attention seeker?.... Move.

I think the point he was making was, its one thing to be straight edge...its another thing to brag about it all the time.

Kind of like how bragging about doing drugs all the time, sometimes you just know if someone is doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ecw.com
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1194
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-08-07
Points : 3890

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 am

I find it amusing how Straight-Edge people only count drugs and alcohol and not the no sex before marriage thing Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
avatar

Male Number of posts : 8610
Age : 23
Location : Tijuana, Mexico ... Ol'e!
Registration date : 2007-10-06
Points : 20372

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 pm

stl311 wrote:
Kyle Deathlocke. wrote:
Sykesy wrote:
Straight-Edge Zach wrote:
You don't need to have the tats, you just need to live clean.

But to me, Tats are not clean by Any means.

And no, I am not straight Edge. I think it is quite stupid and just for attention.

?

Explain how someone chosing not to drink, smoke or do drugs is attention seeking? Do you live an area where thats ALL that is done, thus refusing to be a fucking moron makes you standout, which would by some means make you seem like an attention seeker?.... Move.

I think the point he was making was, its one thing to be straight edge...its another thing to brag about it all the time.

Kind of like how bragging about doing drugs all the time, sometimes you just know if someone is doing it.

exactly ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
avatar

Male Number of posts : 7643
Age : 34
Location : New Albany, IN, USA
Registration date : 2008-04-03
Points : 30578

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't walk around calling myself straight edge, but I do not drink or do any recreationaly drugs and I never have. Why? Because nothing good ever comes from drug abuse and I decided a long time ago that I would not go down that path. I am 27 and I have never done any kind of illegal drugs or drank any booze, not even once. I don't go around preaching this to everyone I meet though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minasauce
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
avatar

Female Number of posts : 202
Age : 26
Location : Wherever the van dumped me
Registration date : 2009-08-25
Points : 1011

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:22 pm

An Epilogue of Youth wrote:
I find it amusing how Straight-Edge people only count drugs and alcohol and not the no sex before marriage thing Razz

It's not no sex before marriage, it's no promiscuous sex. So, no one night stands. You can still have premarital sex, just as long as you're in a monogamous relationship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
avatar

Male Number of posts : 7643
Age : 34
Location : New Albany, IN, USA
Registration date : 2008-04-03
Points : 30578

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:39 pm

minasauce wrote:
An Epilogue of Youth wrote:
I find it amusing how Straight-Edge people only count drugs and alcohol and not the no sex before marriage thing Razz

It's not no sex before marriage, it's no promiscuous sex. So, no one night stands. You can still have premarital sex, just as long as you're in a monogamous relationship.

I don't have one night stands either, so I am still straight edge. How many versions of straight do the kids have these days?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1194
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-08-07
Points : 3890

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Meh, I'm going on a Christian presentation about a Straight-Edge lifestyle (after a kid in my year od'd and died) so that part could have just been something the Christians slipped in Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
avatar

Male Number of posts : 7643
Age : 34
Location : New Albany, IN, USA
Registration date : 2008-04-03
Points : 30578

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:53 pm

I was told that because I drink caffine, I am can not be straight edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivineComedy.
IC/US Champion
IC/US Champion
avatar

Male Number of posts : 666
Age : 23
Location : The Latest Plague.
Registration date : 2009-07-06
Points : 1895

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:04 pm

You am can't can you?

Well, there is basically straight edge, and then that hardcore Sxe which covers: No drugs, no alcohol, no smoking, no meat, no caffeine, no whore sex, no medication of any form etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar
avatar

Male Number of posts : 1194
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-08-07
Points : 3890

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Kyle Deathlocke. wrote:
hardcore Sxe which covers: No drugs, no alcohol, no smoking, no meat, no caffeine, no whore sex, no medication of any form etc.
Yeah, you know, being a fucktard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minasauce
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler
avatar

Female Number of posts : 202
Age : 26
Location : Wherever the van dumped me
Registration date : 2009-08-25
Points : 1011

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:10 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
I was told that because I drink caffine, I am can not be straight edge.

You can be Straight Edge and drink caffeine. One of the patriarch's of the movement had a Coca-Cola tattoo because that's what he drank when he went out. So, if he could do it, you probably can too.

Plus the rigidity of ones Straight Edge lifestyle is very subjective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
avatar

Male Number of posts : 7643
Age : 34
Location : New Albany, IN, USA
Registration date : 2008-04-03
Points : 30578

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Kyle Deathlocke. wrote:
You am can't can you?

Well, there is basically straight edge, and then that hardcore Sxe which covers: No drugs, no alcohol, no smoking, no meat, no caffeine, no whore sex, no medication of any form etc.

No meat? are you serious? I can do without the smoking, the drugs, and the alchol, but I am not going to be a veggaterian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran
avatar

Male Number of posts : 2434
Registration date : 2007-11-25
Points : 6157

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm straight edge. As for why, I don't see any reason not to be straight edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac
avatar

Male Number of posts : 4921
Age : 24
Registration date : 2007-09-30
Points : 13945

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm not straight edge, I like drinking alcohol at parties and stuff.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
avatar

Male Number of posts : 7643
Age : 34
Location : New Albany, IN, USA
Registration date : 2008-04-03
Points : 30578

PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:06 pm

You may not think so now, but decisions you make now will effect your future. When I was 16, I did not buy that either, but when you get to be my age you think "why the hell did I do some of that shit I did?" I did not drink or do drugs when I was your age, but I did do some really dumb shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Are you straight edge and why?   

Back to top Go down
 
Are you straight edge and why?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» SES (Straight Edge Society)
» How to tell if the front wheel is straight?
» Opie Oils - Castrol Edge - 1 litre free & handy boot pouch & oil change kit
» dead bait straight ledger running rig question....
» diablo edge driver

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
chaingangsoldier :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: