chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Quote :
Beatles sell 2.25 million albums in 5 days

LOS ANGELES Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records for album sales.

EMI Group PLC says consumers in North America, Japan and the U.K. bought more than 2.25 million copies of the Fab Four's re-mastered albums in the first five days after their Sept. 9 release.

Most of the records were broken for most simultaneous titles in the top-selling charts by a single artist.

On Billboard magazine's pop catalog chart, for example, the band had 16 titles in the top 50, including all 14 re-mastered CDs and two box sets.

The Beatles' original U.K. studio albums were re-mastered at Abbey Road Studios in London over four years and released to coincide with the sale of "The Beatles: Rock Band" on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Lets see any hi hop guy do that. 40 years later, they are still one of the biggest music acts on the planet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Meh, I still hate their music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Millions of people still love it, it crosses generations. You can hate it if you want, but the number are amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tnalockdownfan
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2467
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:12 pm

My favorite song from The Beatles is Hands Down Back in the USSR and I also like the remake of that song from Billy Joel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:14 pm

I love Yesterday. It is a emotional song about lossing the girl you love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:03 am

Hell yeah. the Beatles are one of my favorite bands and with the release of the new album's it is just great. Showing music from The Beatles to todays generation is just great.

By the way, Anyone who says they do not like there music is fine but someone who says they are shit is just plain ignorance. if they were shit then would they be able to do this achievement.

BTW, I believe this beats 'The Blueprint 3' Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 am

Y2J X wrote:
Meh, I still hate their music.

Same. I just can't see the big deal about The Beatles at all.

"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 am

I want To Your Hand
Twist And Shout
Let It Be
Come Together
Yesterday
Get Back
P.S. I Love You
I Saw Her Standing There
Hold Me Tight
A Hard Day's Night
Help
Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
Eleanor Rigby
Yellow Submarine
All You Need Is Love
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
When I'm Sixty-Four
I Am the Walrus
Penny Lane
Back in the U.S.S.R.
Glass Onion
Piggies
Helter Skelter
Revolution 1
Revolution 9

Yep, No big deal at all Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:34 am

respect to where it's due but i think The Beatles are overrated ... i do NOT dislike them, but i cant really see how they are such a big deal ... i love some of their songs, but i dont think they should be as big as they are ...

Right now i can only recall liking "Yesterday", "Let It Be" and "Yellow Submarine" ... i know i like 2 or 3 more, but cant recall the names .... also "Imagine" by John Lennon is nice ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:55 am

I don't see anything special in any of their songs. They seem average at best and mostly pretty poor. However, respect to them for making music which has proven so popular over such a long period of time. No need to bring hip-hop into this though, the genre itself has only really been around since the mid-late 80s while The Beatles have had 20 more years to gather sales as well as peaking in a period of no illegal downloads. But if you want to talk figures about rap, well then I take great pleasure in informing you that Eminem is the highest selling artist of the 2000s. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Of the 2000's ...

Beatles of all time Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records   

Back to top Go down

Nearly 40 years after breaking up, The Beatles are still breaking records
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1