chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sykesy
"Mean is making Jess Mancini ride her bike home after I ass fucked her" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase

Male Number of posts : 8610
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:53 am

Guitar hero Joe Satriani and British pop-rock band Coldplay have settled their legal entanglements and the guitarist's lawsuit alleging copyright infringement has been dismissed, Satriani's representative confirmed to Billboard. While details of the case remain sealed, legal sources tell Billboard a financial settlement between the two parties may have been reached. Coldplay will not be required to admit to any wrongdoing.

Last December, Satriani filed a lawsuit against the members of Coldplay and Capitol Records, alleging the band's song, "Viva La Vida," contained "substantial, original portions" of his 2004 track "If I Could Fly."

"I felt like a dagger went right through my heart. It hurt so much," Satriani told website Music Radar at the time. "The second I heard it, I knew it was [my own] 'If I Could Fly'.

"Almost immediately, from the minute their song came out, my e-mail box flooded with people going, 'Have you heard this song by Coldplay? They ripped you off man.' I mean, I couldn't tell you how many e-mails I received. Everybody noticed the similarities between the songs. It's pretty obvious."

Coldplay denied the allegations.

"If there are any similarities between our two pieces of music, they are entirely coincidental, and just as surprising to us as to him," the band said in a statement at the time.

Over the summer, Satriani - who was on tour with his Chickenfoot supergroup with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, and Chad Smith - was reluctant to discuss details of the negotiations.

"You know it's one of thosethings that's annoying to talk about because I can't talk about it," he told Billboard. "But I can tell you that the legal system is going through it's paces, the protocols are all being met and it's making its way between various law offices and the courts. I'm pretty confident that there will be an equitable solution reached at some point."

According to court documents posted at justia.com, the case came to a conclusion yesterday. Through his representative, Satriani declined to comment on today's developments.

Thanks to Billboard.com for the news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Male Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:30 am

glad they reached an agreement ... i love Coldplay so i didnt want them to come out prejudicated or something ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:12 am

Coldplay are like my least favourite band. I haven't heard 'If I Could Fly' but if it's anything like 'Viva La Vida' then I don't want to hear it... ever.

Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:30 pm

^ lol, nothing to do with "Viva La Vida" in a whole .. it's just some seconds of them that are alike ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:45 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
Coldplay are like my least favourite band. I haven't heard 'If I Could Fly' but if it's anything like 'Viva La Vida' then I don't want to hear it... ever.

I would rather be raped in the ear, then hear Coldplay play anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:

Ahahaha. Nice. xD

Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:

WOW. Colplay are very underrated..if you listen to there older stuff it's much better then there recent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Rapped in the ear. I have heard enough of "Clocks" or whatever that song is called.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guilha
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Affliction wrote:
Concrete Jesus wrote:

WOW. Colplay are very underrated..if you listen to there older stuff it's much better then there recent.

i dont think they're underrated but i agree their old stuff is much better than their recent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minasauce
Heat Wrestler
Heat Wrestler

Female Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Saying Coldplay is underrated is like saying Peanut Butter isn't made from Peanuts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:16 pm

They sell millions of albums, how can they be underated? I just think that there music is pretenious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:55 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
They sell millions of albums, how can they be underated? I just think that there music is pretenious.

Agreed. I also really dislike Chris Martin's singing voice and general self-deprecating egotistical attitude.

Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4532
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Coldplay are amazing, to be honest. They really are not underrated though, but they're not overrated either. But yeah, it's great that they've settled this all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:53 pm

And he named his kid Apple WTF
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed   

Back to top Go down

Coldplay & Satriani Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1