chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:27 am

Oh boo hoo, Kanye expressed his opinion at the wrong time. People are getting way too hyped up over this. It's not like he killed someone. Get over it! To be fait to Ye, he gave his award to Outkast one year when he felt they deserved it more. He does a fair amount of charity work too. He's just big-headed but I'm sure most of the mainstream music stars are too, they just conceal it better for their image.

Oh and personally, Ye > Metallica by far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:01 am

lololol Kanye over Metallica. Yes, a popstar of 4 years is better than a Metal Band from the Early 80s who is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Serious Business.

Kanye is nothing special. 5 years from now he will be a fad just like all the other pop stars like him. Like Justin Timberlake, or Nick Lachey.

And it is a very big deal, apology or no apology. We saw how doing shit like that causes big time trouble. Because I promise you more than half of Kanye's fans are also Taylor Swift fans, including the Kanye fans on here XD. Which means they will pick a side and blah blah blah.

Either way he is a douchebagel for doing it, and he will always be a douchebagel until he grows up.

The end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ecw.com
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:12 am

^ I'm a Taylor Swift and a Kanye West fan. Sure, it was a dick move but people overhyped it like crazy. Like I said to CJ, you can't speculate validly on whether Ye will still be popular in 5 years. People said Eminem was a fad when he came out with 'My Name Is'. Look what happened. Ye's had three consecutive number one albums, that doesn't seem like a fad to me. As for Ye being nothing special, well that's just an opinion. Just like Ye over Metallica is. I don't care what awards a band has won, it doesn't make them factually better than anybody else. It's all opinion-based in the end.

Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
^ I'm a Taylor Swift and a Kanye West fan. Sure, it was a dick move but people overhyped it like crazy. Like I said to CJ, you can't speculate validly on whether Ye will still be popular in 5 years. People said Eminem was a fad when he came out with 'My Name Is'. Look what happened. Ye's had three consecutive number one albums, that doesn't seem like a fad to me. As for Ye being nothing special, well that's just an opinion. Just like Ye over Metallica is. I don't care what awards a band has won, it doesn't make them factually better than anybody else. It's all opinion-based in the end.

Everything is opinion-based. All I'm going to say is I agree with you, people are making this a much bigger deal than it actually was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

Male Number of posts : 7643
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:46 pm

It would not be as big of a deal, if this were the first time he did something like this, but this is a patern of behavior and it is starting to blow back in his face. Barack Obama called him a "jackass" and some radio stations have actually dropped his music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:56 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
It would not be as big of a deal, if this were the first time he did something like this, but this is a patern of behavior and it is starting to blow back in his face. Barack Obama called him a "jackass" and some radio stations have actually dropped his music.

Still going to keep my comments small. Just to me, Barack Obama calling him a jackass is equavelent to say you calling him a jackass. I know he is the president but, that doesn't mean his opinion is more valuable than someone elses. Once again, thats just me. The fact that some radio stations dropped his music is just indicating to me that is being made out bigger than it should be. Plus, I've been a fan of bigger jerks than Kanye...

As a side note, I'm not a fan of either Kanye or Taylor Swift.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Survey says, he is a jackass. If we could do a nation wide poll, not just the rap marks that have been arguing with me this week, I would bet money that the overwhelming majority would agree with the president and myslef. JACKASS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:43 pm

^ I never said he wasn't a jackass! Why don't you read my comments properly? I've said numerous times he's an egotistical jerk. However, I also said that people have overreacted and should just get over it.

Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:06 pm

I can't just get over because some people worship him and reward him for being a jackass. I have had a very low opinion of him for years now, but this is just the icing on the jackass cake. I will not get over it and I now that the general public will not get over it either. The next time he does something like this, and there will be a next time becuase this guy thinks he is gods gift to humanity, there will be even more of a bad press shit storm for Kanye. I am not the only one who will not "get over it." Finally people are opening their eyes to what Kanye West is, but I will bet you that they make him out to be a martyr at the Bet Awards. Being nominated for 9 awards will only validate behavior and he will keep doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:20 pm

^ Nobody rewards him for being a jackass. That makes no sense. They reward him for making music they enjoy listening too. If you can't get over some guy you don't even know interupting a girl you don't even know at an award show then that's pretty silly, in my opinion. It doesn't affect you, there's no need to get so riled up. But if you want to then that's your choice.

Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Just want to clear up on a few things.

Concrete Jesus wrote:
Survey says, he is a jackass. If we could do a nation wide poll, not just the rap marks that have been arguing with me this week, I would bet money that the overwhelming majority would agree with the president and myslef. JACKASS.

Yeah, he's a jackass, I don't think anyone is doubting that. I'm positive that most people would agree with you in the president, in my last post I just Obamas opinion shouldn't matter more than anyone elses. I also never said he wasn't a jerk, I just said I've been fan of bigger jerks and then stated how I'm not a Kanye fan. I still think people are overreacting to this though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Concrete Jesus
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
^ Nobody rewards him for being a jackass. That makes no sense. They reward him for making music they enjoy listening too. If you can't get over some guy you don't even know interupting a girl you don't even know at an award show then that's pretty silly, in my opinion. It doesn't affect you, there's no need to get so riled up. But if you want to then that's your choice.

To me, it speaks to the greater problem in society and hip-hop, especially Kanye, is the prime example. Young people, hell people, treat others with the utmost disrespect everyday and then those same people see that jackass do and it validates their behavior. Their jackass hero did, so it must be OK. It must be the way to treat people. Other peoples feelings do not matter, only YOU matter. You want to interupt someone on during an important moment, go ahead. You want to cut people off in traffic because you are late, go ahead. You want to break the law, go ahead. His constant public disrespect is uncalled for and highly inappropriate. He is a public figure and unfortunately, he is a role model to the millions of people that have bought his music.

I don't think people are making a big enough deal of it. His actions are uncalled for, his attitude is uncalled for, and his totall disregard for anyone not name Kanye West is uncalled for. I don't care how "talented" you claim he is, he is inappropriate and let me promise you this. I would be just as upset if Ozzy would have wondered out on stage and started bablin on about what ever he says. The difference is, he would not do that. No one would do this, except some self absorbed douche bag.

Someone needs to get in his ear and tell him that he is not that important, he is not "the voice of a generation, and he is not the messiah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:23 pm

^ Lol. He interupted an award being giving out. He didn't rape, torture and kill some chick. Then you could be discussing the evils of society and me actually taking it seriously. Sorry. It's still an overreaction in my opinion.

Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:40 pm

He put himself infront of the camera when he had no business being there. I would love to meet this guy, so I can tell him that he is not Jesus, since no one else will. I have been fed up with him for a long time and after he was pn the cover of Rolling Stone, with a crown of thorns, I had enough of him. I am not even a religous person and I was highly ofended by that. Don't think for one minute that I would sit here and say things that I would not say to his face. As a matter fact, I would say that entire rant I did on Rap music, to any rapper, anywhere. I am not intimidated by their attitudes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:22 pm

Concrete Jesus wrote:
He put himself infront of the camera when he had no business being there.
To be fair, Lil Mama did the exact same thing during the Empire State of Mind performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech   

Back to top Go down

Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift's Award Speech
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2