chaingangsoldier

Create a legacy for yourself in the e-fed, watch and download wrestling or simply hang out and chat.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Favorite Heroes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

Male Number of posts : 3627
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:25 am

Everyone has got to have at least one hero, maybe more...post them here and discuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ecw.com
babaganoosh
FnF Up!
FnF Up!

Male Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:30 am

Lol...Syler Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:31 am

Anyone else, maybe Batman, Spiderman?
Back to top Go down
The Legend Killer
Wrestling Student
Wrestling Student

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:38 am

I'm not sure if you mean real or fake, so... i'll do both!!!

Fake- Batman! Well, I should have made this my real one. Can yuo prove he ain't fake!? Think about it, in this crazy ass world, do you really think theres not some crazy guy running around dressed as a bat beating people up?

Real- My uncle. He's been in the Navy, I think he's been in a war (not too sure), been through really bad times, had all kinds of health problems, and still came out on top. Plus, he was like a dad to me growing up. I know it sounds childish, but, with his health problems, and the way he overcomes them like nothing, to me, he's like a real life Superman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:41 am

From Comics - Batman and Spiderman
From TV Shows (exculding anime) - Teen Titans (maybe minus BeastBoy), Batman, Static, Gear, and Batmon Beyond.
From Anime - Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Yusuke, Hiei (He did some good), and Edward Elric.
Other - My dad.

Last edited by Y2J X on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight-Edge Zach
The Enforcer
The Enforcer

Male Number of posts : 3563
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:17 am

^wait, you don't like the Teen Titans comic? Or the Batman/Superman cartoons?

Real life heroes: CM Punk (had a dream followed it and is a sucess), Mick Foley (same as Punk), My Nonno (died of cancer but fought for months, we really thought he was gonna beat it).

Fake heroes: Deadpool (he always does the right thing in the end, no matter how bad his intentions areto begin with), Superman/Captain America (they're like the poster boy for what superheroes should be...), Peter Petrelli...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com
Y2J X
Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 2435
Registration date : 2007-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:33 am

Straight-Edge Zach wrote:
^wait, you don't like the Teen Titans comic? Or the Batman/Superman cartoons?

I never managed to get my hands on the Titans comic so, I'll reserve judgement (I'm going to try and read them off the web). I kind of grew up on the cartoons so I'll have to go with that line up. As for the Batman cartoons, I forgot about them! I loved the Animted series, don't care much for the others. Besides Batman Beyond, I also forgot about Static and Gear.

Not a fan of Superman though, he's too poweful for me to get into...just too unrealistic I guess. I'd probably have Deadpool on the list but, the only comics I have are a few Batman ones (which I lost) and my Spiderman ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:30 am

My heroes...half you already know these.

Iron Man- Most realistic superhero ever outside of the Punisher. He can fly and has a pretty kickass suit, he's also hella smart like some other people we know. *cough*Seth*cough*

War Machine- He's like Iron Man except all Silver, he's just as badass. However he isn't as smart, but he can fly airplanes.

The Punisher- Man avenges his families death by killing murders, rapists, and drug traffickers. Plus he shoots people with some bomb ass guns, just saying.

Iceman- Can freeze shit, not only that but when he turns into full ice form its pretty badass, not to mention he can slide around on an ice path.

Magneto- Yeah, for the most part he's a villan, but being able to control everything around you that's metal is bad ass. And he's been a hero from time to time.

In the end I wish I could list my dad, but in all reality he's a piece of shit that left me when I was young. So these are my heroes.
Back to top Go down
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

Male Number of posts : 4922
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:26 am

Hmmm. For real-life, definitely my mum for raising me alone. As for the fantasy heroes, I'm going to say Batman, Gambit, Deadpool and Cyclops. I've never really been that into comic books but those characters are pretty cool. I like their personalities or backstory. I'm going to mention James Bond too. He beats people up with ease, drives flashy cars, wears expensive suits and gets all the girls. Ballin'.

Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Female Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2007-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:00 am

I don't really have many heroes.. I always count my Mum as one. She means the world to me. Of course, my Dad does too.. but my Mum has been there for me through out everything.

Err, I always say Eddie Guerrero too.. because that guy meant, and still means, a hell of a lot to me. I don't think I'll ever forget him, or what he did.. so yeah. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wwe.com
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

Female Number of posts : 4532
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:27 pm

My grandfather. You never really realize how important someone is and how much they've done for you until they're gone. I've always idolized him for being so strong while growing up as well. Ah, I was the favourite grandchild too (:

My grandma and mum deserve special mentions as well. I'd be lucky to be half as good as they are when I become a mother myself, to be honest.

I also like The Joker. He's a genius.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:32 pm

^ The Joker isn't a hero though, he's a villain.

Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:34 pm

^ It really depends on how one defines him. He's a hero to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:37 pm

^ How come?

Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:45 pm

^ The way his mind works. It fascinates me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:49 pm

^ Likewise but that doesn't make him a hero for me. The way Adolf Hitler's mind worked was fascinating but I don't consider him a hero. He's scum. The Joker character is very interesting but someone who kills and causes chaos for his own amusement is no hero of mine. I don't admire the character at all.

Wrestling Veteran
Wrestling Veteran

Male Number of posts : 3093
Registration date : 2007-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:53 pm

When I was younger I would defintly choose my mom and sister they were always fun. When I got older I now choose my dad he is always there when I have school problems,friend problem,girl problems etc. Outside family I would probably choose Spiderman or Hulk I always watch there cartoons and instantly got obesessed with both of them. Now I choose Oscar Shindler, the guy saved over a thousand jews during the holocaust the guy in my opinion is the only hero I will have till I die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
^ Likewise but that doesn't make him a hero for me. The way Adolf Hitler's mind worked was fascinating but I don't consider him a hero. He's scum. The Joker character is very interesting but someone who kills and causes chaos for his own amusement is no hero of mine. I don't admire the character at all.

Although The Joker and Adolf Hitler's minds were similar, there is a big difference. Hitler was real, The Joker is merely a comic character. I would never admire Hitler, who in their right mind would? But when it comes to liking comic characters, I go to a different route. It's all fantasy. I'd rather like someone like The Joker who is smart and knows why he does what he does, compared to Batman who doesn't really have a reason why he saves lives. Most superheroes do not have any reasons, anyway. They're just there because every story needs a good guy, the happy ending. The "villains" are more thought out though, and I like that about them; it doesn't mean I'd do what he does. He's just a favourite of mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ex-Mattitude Follower
Egotistical Maniac
Egotistical Maniac

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Inah wrote:
Although The Joker and Adolf Hitler's minds were similar, there is a big difference. Hitler was real, The Joker is merely a comic character. I would never admire Hitler, who in their right mind would? But when it comes to liking comic characters, I go to a different route. It's all fantasy. I'd rather like someone like The Joker who is smart and knows why he does what he does, compared to Batman who doesn't really have a reason why he saves lives. Most superheroes do not have any reasons, anyway. They're just there because every story needs a good guy, the happy ending. The "villains" are more thought out though, and I like that about them; it doesn't mean I'd do what he does. He's just a favourite of mine.

I don't really agree with your comment about superheroes having no reasons for what they do. They are good people who want to save lives. If you could stop someone from dying, you would, right? That's a perfectly fair and valid reason in my mind. Every story needs a good guy but then again, they need a villain too. So it works both ways.

This thread isn't really about who you like from comic books though. It isn't a favourites topic. It's about heroes. Someone who you look up to or are inspired by, something like that. The Joker is really interesting and intelligent in his own strange way but I fail to see how he can be classified a hero when he kills and creates chaos for his own entertainment. That totally clashes with the idea of a hero.

The definition of hero:

1. the principal male character in a novel, play, etc.
2. a man of exceptional courage, nobility, etc.
3. a man who is idealized for having superior qualities in any field

Or alternatively:

1. In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.
2. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life.
3. A person noted for special achievement in a particular field: the heroes of medicine.
4. The principal male character in a novel, poem, or dramatic presentation.

Where does The Joker fit in? He's a psychotic killer clown who causes misery for fun. He's one of my all-time favourite movie characters but he's not a hero at all, in my mind. I think our definitions of hero must be different...

The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:23 am

Inah wrote:

Actually you're wrong. Batman saves lives because he swore to protect the innocent after his family was murdered in the alley behind the movie theatre. He then took up acrobatics and judo and since has been fighting crime. Kind of like when Tony Stark became Iron Man because his weapons company was producing weapons for al the terrorist groups, when in fact he was making them for the American Soldiers.

Superman was flown to earth for he was the last survivor of his planet, when he found out of his powers he simply started protecting people.

As far as Joker goes, he became who he became because when he was involved in the mob Batman stopped him, he accidentally knocked him into a vat of acid that cause his skin to turn the pigmented white it became. Also it caused his face to be stuck with a smile that never went away.

All this stuff is covered on Wiki people, the crap in the dark knight where the Joker got his mouth cut wide? Never happened. That was the one part of the movie that was falsely done, but then again nobody is perfect.

And there is the history lesson for today.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Where does The Joker fit in? He's a psychotic killer clown who causes misery for fun. He's one of my all-time favourite movie characters but he's not a hero at all, in my mind. I think our definitions of hero must be different...

3. a man who is idealized for having superior qualities in any field

Yes, our definitions of heroes are indeed different.

And Seth, I am so sorry that I never had time to read the wiki page for Batman. I mean, you knew that I was basing my opinions on TDK, right? So what was the point of that?

Face it, we all don't have the same definition to everything. You may be politically correct, but I don't really care. I'll believe whatever I want to.

Now excuse me, I have a baby to feed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Batman, Gambit, Deadpool and Cyclops.

Gambit is a villain (member of Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants) The TV show polluted.
And Deadpool's an Anti-Hero Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stl311
The Omega VIP
The Omega VIP

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:58 pm

YeaImTheSex wrote:
Batman, Gambit, Deadpool and Cyclops.

Gambit is a villain (member of Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants) The TV show polluted.
And Deadpool's an Anti-Hero Razz

Not to mention the Morlocks for a brief time. Finally someone who knows what's going on.

And Inah, that's dumb to make comparison off a movie. No offense but if that was really your hero you'd read up more.

Sad you made me a sad panda bear Inah.

Luckly this person made it better by knowing what the fuck is up.
Back to top Go down
Inah
Head Bitch In Charge
Head Bitch In Charge

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:11 am

^ I loved the movie, that's all I needed. Thank you very much (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bastard
WWE Superstar
WWE Superstar

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 pm

stl311 wrote:
All this stuff is covered on Wiki people, the crap in the dark knight where the Joker got his mouth cut wide? Never happened. That was the one part of the movie that was falsely done, but then again nobody is perfect.

I disagree, Harvey Dent/Harvey Two-Face didn't have his face burnt, it too was acid, and he blamed Batman for it (I can't remember why now) tongue Just saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Heroes?   

Back to top Go down

Favorite Heroes?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next